Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

‘English players’, remember Shearer stamp? Scholes etc...
Is correct,it’s blatant as well the Alli,Murphy and puncheon tackles (well I’m being kind calling them tackles) were all straight red cards,mentioned briefly in the media in parts but then quickly glossed over..what would the outcome be if one of our players had made one of those tackles..

The operation and application of laws around assault are very different in a sporting context, otherwise contact sports wouldn't exist.
I'm a boxing fan. You willingly enter the ring to get punched in the skull and have your brain shaken about (and probably damaged to some extent). Same in all contact sports. But you aren't allowed to deliberately maim someone on a football pitch. Injuries are a fact of life. Bad tackles are a fact of life. Footballers seem generally to be too proud and don't want to be seen as wimps by taking some who assaults them to court.

No reasonable judge will say 'It's ok to maim a fellow pro footballer because football's a contact sport with its own set of rules'. Every footballer is 100 per cent responsible for their own actions.

Is correct,it’s blatant as well the Alli,Murphy and puncheon tackles (well I’m being kind calling them tackles) were all straight red cards,mentioned briefly in the media in parts but then quickly glossed over..what would the outcome be if one of our players had made one of those tackles..

You know the answer to that .

How exactly would the police get involved in such instances and do you believe the police have the time to try and prove a defender/striker had intent to make a challenge or rather that it was just mistimed?

Also how would football work during the season when numerous players are under investigation and what sentences do you think players should face?
People on here say Keane should have been charged. Duncan Ferguson was charged and locked up. Zidane - should have been charged (despite the provocation).

How exactly would the police get involved in such instances and do you believe the police have the time to try and prove a defender/striker had intent to make a challenge or rather that it was just mistimed?

Also how would football work during the season when numerous players are under investigation and what sentences do you think players should face?
I'm talking about what appears to be a clear case of assault - not fouls/robust tackles. These things actually happen rarely.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Chris Kamara convicted in 98 (GBH) - elbowed someone in the face on the pitch and fractured their cheekbone ? Obviously, he doesn't talk about it on Sky.......

Lucky for him then,still think he needs called out possibly the next time he’s on say talksport need someone to phone in but not rant as that gets you nowhere just someone who is articulate and basically asking him to explain what he meant by his words..
Talksport callers who can articulately back up their arguments and get the better of one-dimensional presenters are quickly switched off "Sorry, we've lost Cuthbert there...." Alternatively, they'll say (as per Ray Houghton) "You haven't played the game......"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.