Players who might improve us

Also, anyone notice how willing B. Munich were to cross the ball, first time, on the run. The players who play on our wings are always on the wrong foot.
Lewandoski and Mueller are 6 feet tall. Aguero and Silva? It's not a lack of willingness, rather a lack of height that reduces our cross numbers.

I will say again after two players got their full International call ups Doku, Camavinga and Zakaria, out of that Zakaria is the one we need now, the main reason our defence was poor last season was Rodri did not have the legs to cover all the holes that appeared

City went for the Busquets type of DM in Rodri and not the Matuidi/Makelele type. I don’t think the club would bring in another DM. Not sure what his passing stats are but I can’t see them bringing in Zakaria or someone like Thomas Partey.

Lewandoski and Mueller are 6 feet tall. Aguero and Silva? It's not a lack of willingness, rather a lack of height that reduces our cross numbers.

Tim Cahill is 5'10" and had made a career out being an aerial threat. Harry Kane is 6'2" and he is more known to be a poacher than an aerial threat. Height means little. Timing of the runs and jump is key.

Tim Cahill is 5'10" and had made a career out being an aerial threat. Harry Kane is 6'2" and he is more known to be a poacher than an aerial threat. Height means little. Timing of the runs and jump is key.
Good point. It's like Jesus gets on the end of a lot of crosses despite being average height thanks to good movement and jumping (shame he's not too great at heading).

The only time height might be useful is when the box is packed, either at set pieces or when we're desperate at the end of games. I don't think either is enough to force our hand with an up front signing.

Anyone know what happened with jay da silva looked like he could be next Ashley Cole at one point. I really wanted City to try snatch him. Goes to show how hard it is to try and predict who will make it.

Yes, there are exceptions. But by and large, taller players are better in the air. Tim Cahill is average height and an exceptional header. Aguero is a pretty good one for his height. But Dave is damn near useless with the outside of his head. No surprise there, the inside of his head is magical.

The strike radius for a taller player is just greater. Yes, you have your exceptional short leapers. And your Crocodile neck tall guys (Yaya being a good example). But by and large taller players score more goals with their head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.