Players who might improve us

You are 100% correct Tony.

This is Manchester City. The Treble winners. The 3 times Premier League Champions in a row. The Centurions. The Domestic Treble winners.

Zaha isn't anywhere near our level. Talented? Yes. Does he have the correct mentality and personality for our team? Not in a million years.

Your misunderstanding….Do I think Zaha best player available on the market, no……but I meant it in the likelihood that if Mahrez goes we very likely aren’t going to spend anything to replace him. Zaha on a free fills that squad space with Pace, trickery, goal threat and prem experience. Similar to what we’d lose in Mahrez from the bench.

Leaving us with Palmer and Bobb as the 2nd choice options on that side is dangerous imo.

But anyway as many people do in here carry on with the football manager type suggestions that we know are never going to happen.

Your misunderstanding….Do I think Zaha best player available on the market, no……but I meant it in the likelihood that if Mahrez goes we very likely aren’t going to spend anything to replace him. Zaha on a free fills that squad space with Pace, trickery, goal threat and prem experience. Similar to what we’d lose in Mahrez from the bench.

Leaving us with Palmer and Bobb as the 2nd choice options on that side is dangerous imo.

But anyway as many people do in here carry on with the football manager type suggestions that we know are never going to happen.
I dont mind zaha and think he could potentially be a good squad option but he wouldn’t be able to replace mahrez as zaha plays from the left mainly. Also whilst I like zaha he is no where near the level of mahrez imo

It's always going to be hard to find any player who will improve us. It's practically impossible really!

However, I've love to see Gnonto from Leeds at City. He's brilliant to watch, full of tricks and skills. He might not be good enough, I've not idea, but he does get you up off your seat when he sets off with the ball. He's a fantastic player with a lot of potential ahead of him.

I dont mind zaha and think he could potentially be a good squad option but he wouldn’t be able to replace mahrez as zaha plays from the left mainly. Also whilst I like zaha he is no where near the level of mahrez imo
He’s right footed though mate and has played on the right for Ivory Coast mainly so potential to do a job.

I do agree he’s no where near Mahrez’s level but it was just a suggestion pretty much based on the fact he’s a free agent soon.

In a way I feel a bit sorry for Zaha. He's a VERY good player but will always been tainted by what happened at United. How many players who were "on the up" went there in the last 10 years and died? Zaha, Maguire, Sanchez, Sancho, Fred, Di Maria, Pogba, Depay, Lukaku, van de Beek, Wan Bissaka, Bailly, Rojo, Martial etc etc. Put Pep in charge of them players and they'd be 2nd behind us!

He's a great player in a team that rely on him to keep them up. He's Palace's best player by far and I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up somewhere towards the top of the league.

Is he good enough for us? I don't think so but I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him.

I think he will end up going abroad though.

Leon Goretzka but we aren't desperately needing midfield reinforcements. Zaha is laughable but still just about get that with Mahrez heading out.

Zaha is 30 years of age.

Why would we target a player at this age when the sensible thing to do would be A) buy someone younger with bags of potential B) Give one of our younger players a chance.

I wouldn't want to sign a player like Zaha if it meant Oscar Bobb or James McAtee will eventually be sold without getting a chance.

If we are to bring someone in, they have to be worthy of a spot in our team. I don't just want us filling a space in the squad for the sake of it.

This isn't a Manchester City signing, it's just not how we operate. This is a West Ham, Everton type of signing.

Pep doesn't want bad eggs either. Zaha comes across a right muppet. Very dislikeable character.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.