Players who underperformed at City but were great elsewhere

He was class.in his hey day ..with Gerry Francis,Mick Leach Rodney Marsh etc in a qpr side that challenged for the old 1st Division title mid 70s.
Commonly known as one of footballs 'mavericks' ..like duncan mckenzie
Inconsistent...but virtually unplayable on his day.
Liked a bet did Stan
I have an old framed picture of the late 60s City 1st team squad...Stan Bowles and Stan horne feature on it..

Stan Bowles was a similar to Marsh in that he loved to dribble and take the piss. Drank and played cards in a pub in Blackley village.

I remember watching Stan Horne as well a midfielder who liked to put his foot in. He was I think City`s 1st black player. He use to get dogs abuse from some opposition fans. Wankers

Channon use to infuriate my old fella. He`d say if he wore his boots on his arse he`d play better. Channon is a mate of Alan Brazil and still trains racing horses somewhere down south.

Never one of my favourite`s either.
On his arse as usual. And we had to give the tosser Colins fukin shirt(Colin injured ) Channon was not fit to wear it
5FBE569F-EA6A-4CC2-A3B1-8644DA202387.jpeg

Last edited:
Seeing the George Weah thread we've had a fair few of them down the years, some gave CIty a bit of decent service but many had far better days elsewhere. So your team that underperformed at City but were quality elsewhere.

Seaman

Maicon
Boateng
Kolo Toure
Pearce

Hargreaves
McManaman
Viera

Channon
Weah
Fowler

Would make a pretty tasty 11 at their peak , but not during their City playing days.

Correct but harsh on Pearce the player. He was 39 at the time so didn’t under perform. He played very well for us and did the job of a leader at the back that Keegan wanted at the time.

Ged Brannan, I know a Tranmere fan who raves about his time with them. Dont know any blues who rave about his time with us.
Bradbury was doing something right for us to shell out big money for him.
Wonder why Clark never moved into scouting?

Jo, couldnt hit a barn door for us but scored 30 for CSKA Moscow and Nagoya Grampus + other teams but only 1 for us before we offloaded him to the toffees.

I don't think we should include players that were also bad after they left City.

He was class.in his hey day ..with Gerry Francis,Mick Leach Rodney Marsh etc in a qpr side that challenged for the old 1st Division title mid 70s.
Commonly known as one of footballs 'mavericks' ..like duncan mckenzie
Inconsistent...but virtually unplayable on his day.
Liked a bet did Stan
I have an old framed picture of the late 60s City 1st team squad...Stan Bowles and Stan horne feature on it..
9364DC9A-E5FA-4898-8B0C-4626D64F0B39.jpeg

Reactions: BTH

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.