Players who underperformed at City but were great elsewhere

Just watched I believe in Miracles - the excellent documentary about Brian Clough and his Nottingham Forest team's rise to English and European Championshios again. One of the many likeable and engaging characters was Colin Barrett ex of City. I was just a young lad when he was at City and although I remember the name it was before my 1st visit to Maine Road. What was Colin Barrett like as a player and does anyone know him? Is he or was he a City supporter? Intrigued to know more.

Micky channons goal celebration was iconic.
And at the same time a little wierd.
Last i heard of him was when he was involved in a car crash on the m1 motorway ,just north of leicester,a few years back now.pretty sure he pullled thru,but i think it was a bad one..
I did an interview with him in December 2020.

Attachments

• THRA2MC.jpg
    THRA2MC.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 25
I did an interview with him in December 2020.
Not sure I liked that away strip,but we were it at Stamford bridge when Ron Futcher( who was better at Luton Town than at City )bagged a hatrick.Channon also scored.

Not sure I liked that away strip,but we were it at Stamford bridge when Ron Futcher( who was better at Luton Town than at City )bagged a hatrick.Channon also scored.
I loved that kit. Duncan MacKenzie made his debut for Chelsea in that game, Colin Viljoen for us.

Just watched I believe in Miracles - the excellent documentary about Brian Clough and his Nottingham Forest team's rise to English and European Championshios again. One of the many likeable and engaging characters was Colin Barrett ex of City. I was just a young lad when he was at City and although I remember the name it was before my 1st visit to Maine Road. What was Colin Barrett like as a player and does anyone know him? Is he or was he a City supporter? Intrigued to know more.
Was just a young defender making his way, you'd be pushed to pick him as a future star. Heck of spot by Clough to pick him up. Another one who left after a quiet time at city and finished with a European Cup medal (I think) was Frank Carrodus who went to Villa

A name has been banded about by the older fans is Ian Bowyer
I think he was ok for us. Not too many appearances. Guess he became the first English player to win both Cup Winners Cup and European Cup medals.

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you Sir Stanley of Bowles!! That’s Stan Bowles. Chucked out of main road and went on to play for England (a bit)
Yes but after leaving City it took me 5 years of grafting at Bury, Crewe and Carlisle before QPR came calling and my career took off. If only they hadn't had that betting shop across the road from Loftus Road...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.