Players you've met.

sharky.mcfc. said:
I seen most the first team at my gym (David Loyd) they come in a big black coach and eat/rest in the spa and what not

Nice Plug!

When i was in hospital at the age of 11 (10 years ago) after having a major operation, Shaun Goater, Jamie Pollock and Gerard Weikens Came to visit me. They were quality. Stayed for about an hour just talking to me, bringing gifts. Pollock then arranged for me to be in the players lounge before and after the game of the macclesfield home game (same day as my b'day).
Whilest in hopsital, i also got a phone all from Niall Quinn asking how i was.

Ive met Colin Bell which was awesome, even though i was born way after that era.
Didi Hammann
Micheal Johnson

My Dad who doesnt come on here, was around Bell and all that lot regularly as a kid, played footy on Maine Road with them a couple of times apparently.

As a side note i gave Ugly Neville the wanker sign from 10 yards in the Trafford Centre if that counts as meeting him :P

Petetheblu said:
I've met

Kevin Keegan and Dennis Tueart at Gmex (Junior blues do), nice blokes and Dennis was suprised I'd took a NY Cosmos top for him to sign (He was my childhood hero)

Asa Hartford on a plane to the Canaries/tenerefe.

Thaksin in the square, got him to sign a programme from the earlier game.

Bojinov during a European night and got a great picture of him with me Mrs and daughter.

And my mum took my daughter down to get her shirt (third shirt, orange) signed by Elano and Robiniho, Elano rubbed the top of her head with a big smile and Robbi gave her a big kiss on the cheek and made a big fuss. She's only 10 and was made up, we still rib her now about Robbi being her boyfriend....Hahaha!!! Beetroot time.

And finally my personal favourite was when my girl was really upset that she'd missed Moonchester at the party in the square. I asked One of the City organisors who was at the square if Moonchester would be making another appearance, he said he didn't think so and took us inside the town hall to meet him. Everyone was SO friendly making time to say hello to us and even giving us some of those City scarves....Theres some smashing people who work at City.

dennis tueart gos to total fitness in alty

Met weaver a few years ago at the move festival, my girlfriend had got v.i.p tickets through work and ended up sat next to him. Had a couple of beers (free of course) with him and his mate and a good old chat, it was a few month's after foe had died(rip) and he was saying how it was tragic and hit everyone hard as he was much loved. He also said how marco had completely fallin in love with the club and fans and that he was looking forward to signing on permanently, anyway he came across as a pretty cool guy, he was laughing when I told him the only penalty I plucked up the courage to watch against gillingham was the last one he saved with his legs, and how I then ended getting dragged about three rows back by some big beer monster and dancing on the seats. Also met colin the king when he and ian cheeseman came to the wythenshawe branch of the city supporters club, got my copy of his biography signed he chuckled when I asked under his signature could he also sign it colin the king, he duly obliged still with a smile on his face lol. True gent that man is spent plenty of time chatting with the fans.

I met Ian Bishop on the steps of Maine Road the day he signed for us in the hot summer of 1989, I think he was with Clive Allan as well having been presented to the press, but I defo remember shaking Bishops hand!

2 players ive seen previously , both in lardy food shops!! ian brighwell p****d up in a kebab house in macc every weekend where my mate used to work. andy morrisson in the pie shop in hollingworth (near glossop) at lunchtimes... guessing he still lived in huddersfield and on his way home from training.

I met the whole team a few seasons back, when Keegan was manager and we had the likes of SWP, Anelka, Barton, Fowler etc. Didn't get to meet Keegan though as it was when he was ill and i think he was having an operation. I met them all at the training ground and there was some pictures that got put into the program next match. :)

Weaver, James, Sturr-Ellegard, Hart, Barton, Elano, Geovanni, Dunne, Barton, Dickov, Goater, Riera, Samaras, Sinclair, Richards, Onouha, Pearce, Distin, Evans, K.Etuhu, Jordan, Bell, Sumerbee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.