Playing sport as you get older

I don't really know because I don't count but dog gets about 2 miles walk first thing in morning. If I'm at work I'm constantly walking back and forth from 9am. Then another walk with mutt after work. How many steps in a mile?
I walk mile in morning to tram stop on way to work and it's roughly 2,000 for me

I don't really know because I don't count but dog gets about 2 miles walk first thing in morning. If I'm at work I'm constantly walking back and forth from 9am. Then another walk with mutt after work. How many steps in a mile?

The Health app on my iPhone tells me everything I need to know!

59 and started walking about 3 years ago, and after retiring last year went back to archery, which I've done for a couple of periods before work/family meant I couldn't dedicate the time needed.

I had dodgy knees from 5 aside injuries in my twenties, and walking caused a problem until I built up the muscles around them, they're better now than they have been in years. Archery I went to fast too soon and have something akin to tennis elbow. Slowly building back up again with the help of an elbow brace, still can't draw the bow weight I did in my forties but getting there.

Not sure what I'd do without some form of sport, probably just curl up and expire

How did you get around for the first 56 years?

Try playing 8 a side against 25 year olds when you're 60 :)
I avoid that scenario like the plague.
No sense being embarrassed when your trying to keep fit.
I remember trying to show a younger player whose boss, ..closed him down on the ball, he pushed it ahead of him,down the wing to my mind that was a loose ball,he started accelerating away, I turned on the afterburners......and tweaked me hamstring in full flight...out for 4 weeks .
Never again.

Get the " google fit " app for your mobile,get it off play store,its free,I have it on android.

I was pretty devastated when I stopped playing Sunday league football.

I'd love nothing more than putting on a pair of football boots again and playing a 90 minute game of football on a grass pitch.

When you are young, fit, fast, and up for for a game of Sunday league football, even after a Saturday night out on the beer, you just take it for granted.

I'd love to turn back the clock and smash the ball into the onion bag again. :-)
When I was in the RAF up to the age of 30 played 3 games a week and trained nearly every night, fucking loved it, left and played Sat, Sundays for two years then got a back injury and had to stop immediately and out my job first, if you had told my ex wife I never played football again after 32 she wouldn’t believe you I was that obsessed. Now walking the dog is the most I do due to that back injury, im starting to swim now as well but bloody hell it’s hard on the upper body which I’ve done nothing with for years. I really need to stretch as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.