Points for the final

The only valid reason to sign up or not is choice we all have them and the blue moan faulty thinking is back big style last seen in full flow @ the Derby April 2011.

The the fatal flaw in the I've supported the club for years they owe me reasoning is that the complainers have already enjoyed the pleasure of being there at the time .

The posters mix up up ability to buy with a sense of entitlement because of some vague notion of loyalty FFS if you dont go because you enjoy watching city why bother is not a punishment!

face the fact you've had your games already why should you get a freebe when every body else has to pay ?

Kompany got it right when he said each year the clock starts again for fans as well as players

Thought I was a certainty on 2620 points & on the Cup Scheme until I seen people worrying about not getting one on the scheme with 5000+ points.

people who go to more games overall in a single season including the ''lesser'' games should get first dibs on tickets

just like the voucher system used to work

Gstack166 said:
Thought I was a certainty on 2620 points & on the Cup Scheme until I seen people worrying about not getting one on the scheme with 5000+ points.

I can't see why you wouldn't get one with that level of points and being on the cup scheme?

squirtyflower said:
moomba said:
squirtyflower said:
It is about 'point of view', I have a mate who has been a City fan for donkey's years, but for one reason or another hasn't been able to go for a while, sometimes working abroad
Anyway last season he got a BlueCard and went to a few games home and away, but he couldn't get tickets for the derby or QPR
Because of that he bought himself a season ticket this year so he wouldn't miss out, and he joined every cup scheme, and he has been to every single game home and away except the Europeans

Should he miss out this year, when the old fellas next to me have a seasoncard, never go away and never turn up for home cup games?

Your mate would probably get a ticket under my ideal system. He would have accrued probably over 2000 points going home and away and on a season ticket. I think people on the scheme should jump a couple of categories when it comes to eligibilty for buying tickets so he'd be in their buying with non scheme members on 4000+ points (for example). If your old timers only go to home league games they'd probably be around the same points (presuming they've been doing it for the 10 years the system has been going).

If I can use myself as an example, I've been to plenty more games than your mate. Home, away, cups etc. I've got the points to prove my loyalty and commitment over 10 years. Have been on the scheme before but didn't join it this time as my work situation was unclear and I couldn't risk having money come out of my account when I didn't know if there was going to be any coming in.

Work situation has cleared up and I've been to cup games this season despite not being a scheme member. For the semi I sat in the queue behind the likes of your mate, and I'll probably do the same for the final. Pretty sure I'll get a ticket anyway, and good luck to anyone that does get a ticket regardless of their situation. But it just strikes me as forgetting about the people that got the club to where it is now, when it wasn't such an attractive proposition.
You see, this is where I have some sympathy for you
City can clearly track attendances at home cup games and I would make the system
Cup scheme holders; points criteria
Three cup games; points criteria
Two cup games; points criteria
One cup game; points criteria
No cup games; points criteria

Then those who have shown no interest in the cup games have no chance of a ticket!

Got to agree with you. We are in all 3 cup schemes and 90% of the people around use season ticket holders yet when we have cup games only 10 to 20% of the people around us I recognise. No doubt all them people who don't attend the early rounds will all want tickets now. Priority should go to the people who actually attended the cup games either by the cup scheme or buy tickets. Yes I have some sympathy for people who been going for years but won't get a tickets but I can't think of a good enough reason to have missed all 3 games yet want a final ticket. The cost excuse doesn't sit with me all 3 tickets for our home games comes in about £60 cost more than that for transport and ticket to the semi never mind the final. Work commitments are a little different but how come people can't get to any of the home games but all of a sudden can get at least 1 if not 2 days of for a final?

johnbmcr said:
The only valid reason to sign up or not is choice we all have them and the blue moan faulty thinking is back big style last seen in full flow @ the Derby April 2011.

The the fatal flaw in the I've supported the club for years they owe me reasoning is that the complainers have already enjoyed the pleasure of being there at the time .

The posters mix up up ability to buy with a sense of entitlement because of some vague notion of loyalty FFS if you dont go because you enjoy watching city why bother is not a punishment!

face the fact you've had your games already why should you get a freebe when every body else has to pay ?

Kompany got it right when he said each year the clock starts again for fans as well as players

No-one is moaning except maybe you. Just offering an alternative viewpoint to the current system.

Dont think you could base ticket sales on how many fa cups games you have attended in the season .what would happen if the reverse of this seasno 1 home rest away ?

TimmyP said:
Gstack166 said:

I can't see why you wouldn't get one with that level of points and being on the cup scheme?

Did every season card holder get a ticket for the '11 final does anyone know (or could of if they wanted) something like Everton announced in '10 when they played Chelsea, I remember they announcing there was a ticket for every season ticket holder, obviously I would imagine that we have more season card holders than Everton I would imagine?

Gstack166 said:
TimmyP said:
Gstack166 said:

Did every season card holder get a ticket for the '11 final does anyone know (or could of if they wanted) something like Everton announced in '10 when they played Chelsea, I remember they announcing there was a ticket for every season ticket holder, obviously I would imagine that we have more season card holders than Everton I would imagine?

I couldn't get a ticket for the final.

Gstack166 said:
TimmyP said:
Gstack166 said:

I don't think so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.