Points for the final

Marvin said:
moomba said:
Marvin said:
From <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk</a>

Again when you renewed your seasoncards you had the option to join or not.

This is true. Should we not discuss different/better ways of doing things in the future then?
Sure if you think there's a problem.

Buying online worked very well. Could just do with sorting out a few on-line glitches.

I had a few problems buying online for the semi, got the ticket but it didn't let me through to pay for it. But after a few tries it went through without a problem. Will do the same for the final, beats standing in a queue for four hours like I did two years ago.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:55 am --<br /><br />
squirtyflower said:
You're stretching the truth now moomba, and I can see why

United force their fans to join the cup schemes for both the FA Cup and the CL, they have no choice
With City, for the time being, you have a choice
17000 supporters opted to go for that choice
Everyone knew the consequences at the time as it was spelled out quite clearly in the literature, on the OS and even on bloody here

I'm not saying its right, but it was open to everyone, unlike the rag one which is part of your season ticket

I'm not sure the rag one is compulsory any more, but you need to sign up to it if you want any chance of getting a ticket to a big game.

But I don't see the huge difference even if it still is compulsory. Before too long you'll need to join the scheme to have a hope of seeing us in a final. That would be a shame for those that have supported the club for decades, but have valid reasons not to sign up. Seems their loyalty counts for very little when you can have a first year season ticket holder with a bit of spare cash wanting the same ticket.

The rag one is compulsory for the FA and CL games
And I do see where you are coming from

However the old fellas next to me never turn up for a cup game and never for a European game
Should they get first dibs over some 18 year old who has been to all the games over the last two seasons, because he couldn't afford a season card before then, and hasn't accrued their points?

It's all about your point of view
You see it from yours, the old fellas see it from theirs and the 18 year old from his, so you will all want it to be shaped to suit yourselves

However City have tried to ensure that 'new' fans, and remember these could be returnees, get a chance to follow their team to the final if they have shown commitment to the cup

squirtyflower said:
Should they get first dibs over some 18 year old who has been to all the games over the last two seasons, because he couldn't afford a season card before then, and hasn't accrued their points?

I guess this gets down to ideology a bit, but I reckon the old fellas should get priority. The 18 year old will get his time, and I think we shouldn't forget the supporters that got us to this point. Is having a season ticket for one year and joining the cup scheme (which doesn't necessarily bring any funds into the club) worth more than year after year of forking out for a ST? I don't think so.

Also it's like saying that someone that has a season ticket but hasn't attended cup games hasn't contributed to our cup success. I don't think that is fair, without the ST holders there wouldn't be any cup success. I suspect also that there will be quite a number that didn't join the cup scheme but still went to the cup games anyway.

Attracting new fans is great, and I do think there should be "a" reward for joining the scheme. Just don't like to see long term supporters being forgotten about.

But I don't see the huge difference even if it still is compulsory. Before too long you'll need to join the scheme to have a hope of seeing us in a final. That would be a shame for those that have supported the club for decades, but have valid reasons not to sign up. Seems their loyalty counts for very little when you can have a first year season ticket holder with a bit of spare cash wanting the same ticket.

But don't loyalty points then come into play? Therefore, a long term seasoncard holder and on the cup scheme will get priority over a first year seasoncard holder on the same cup scheme.

I signed up for all 3 cup schemes but my wife and daughter can't do midweek, so only signed them up for the FA Cup scheme, so it is possible the cherry pick the schemes you sign up to if you have work committments. My reasoning being that the FA Cup is always played on a weekend.
<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:16 am --<br /><br />But I don't see the huge difference even if it still is compulsory. Before too long you'll need to join the scheme to have a hope of seeing us in a final. That would be a shame for those that have supported the club for decades, but have valid reasons not to sign up. Seems their loyalty counts for very little when you can have a first year season ticket holder with a bit of spare cash wanting the same ticket.

But don't loyalty points then come into play? Therefore, a long term seasoncard holder and on the cup scheme will get priority over a first year seasoncard holder on the same cup scheme.

I signed up for all 3 cup schemes but my wife and daughter can't do midweek, so only signed them up for the FA Cup scheme, so it is possible the cherry pick the schemes you sign up to if you have work committments. My reasoning being that the FA Cup is always played on a weekend.

Stockton Heath Blue said:

For the semi final cup scheme holders had priority over any non scheme holder no matter how many points they had accrued over the years. I suspect the final will be similar, although from memory it didn't quite work that way two years ago.

moomba said:
squirtyflower said:

I guess this gets down to ideology a bit, but I reckon the old fellas should get priority. The 18 year old will get his time, and I think we shouldn't forget the supporters that got us to this point. Is having a season ticket for one year and joining the cup scheme (which doesn't necessarily bring any funds into the club) worth more than year after year of forking out for a ST? I don't think so.

It is about 'point of view', I have a mate who has been a City fan for donkey's years, but for one reason or another hasn't been able to go for a while, sometimes working abroad
Anyway last season he got a BlueCard and went to a few games home and away, but he couldn't get tickets for the derby or QPR
Because of that he bought himself a season ticket this year so he wouldn't miss out, and he joined every cup scheme, and he has been to every single game home and away except the Europeans
Should he miss out this year, when the old fellas next to me have a seasoncard, never go away and never turn up for home cup games?

Also it's like saying that someone that has a season ticket but hasn't attended cup games hasn't contributed to our cup success. I don't think that is fair, without the ST holders there wouldn't be any cup success. I suspect also that there will be quite a number that didn't join the cup scheme but still went to the cup games anyway.

Attracting new fans is great, and I do think there should be "a" reward for joining the scheme. Just don't like to see long term supporters being forgotten about.

I can definitely see the club also allowing junior tickets to be bought at the same time as the adult qualifies but with a much reduced number as they did in the semis.

squirtyflower said:
It is about 'point of view', I have a mate who has been a City fan for donkey's years, but for one reason or another hasn't been able to go for a while, sometimes working abroad
Anyway last season he got a BlueCard and went to a few games home and away, but he couldn't get tickets for the derby or QPR
Because of that he bought himself a season ticket this year so he wouldn't miss out, and he joined every cup scheme, and he has been to every single game home and away except the Europeans

Should he miss out this year, when the old fellas next to me have a seasoncard, never go away and never turn up for home cup games?

Your mate would probably get a ticket under my ideal system. He would have accrued probably over 2000 points going home and away and on a season ticket. I think people on the scheme should jump a couple of categories when it comes to eligibilty for buying tickets so he'd be in their buying with non scheme members on 4000+ points (for example). If your old timers only go to home league games they'd probably be around the same points (presuming they've been doing it for the 10 years the system has been going).

If I can use myself as an example, I've been to plenty more games than your mate. Home, away, cups etc. I've got the points to prove my loyalty and commitment over 10 years. Have been on the scheme before but didn't join it this time as my work situation was unclear and I couldn't risk having money come out of my account when I didn't know if there was going to be any coming in.

Work situation has cleared up and I've been to cup games this season despite not being a scheme member. For the semi I sat in the queue behind the likes of your mate, and I'll probably do the same for the final. Pretty sure I'll get a ticket anyway, and good luck to anyone that does get a ticket regardless of their situation. But it just strikes me as forgetting about the people that got the club to where it is now, when it wasn't such an attractive proposition.

moomba said:
squirtyflower said:

Your mate would probably get a ticket under my ideal system. He would have accrued probably over 2000 points going home and away and on a season ticket. I think people on the scheme should jump a couple of categories when it comes to eligibilty for buying tickets so he'd be in their buying with non scheme members on 4000+ points (for example). If your old timers only go to home league games they'd probably be around the same points (presuming they've been doing it for the 10 years the system has been going).

If I can use myself as an example, I've been to plenty more games than your mate. Home, away, cups etc. I've got the points to prove my loyalty and commitment over 10 years. Have been on the scheme before but didn't join it this time as my work situation was unclear and I couldn't risk having money come out of my account when I didn't know if there was going to be any coming in.

Work situation has cleared up and I've been to cup games this season despite not being a scheme member. For the semi I sat in the queue behind the likes of your mate, and I'll probably do the same for the final. Pretty sure I'll get a ticket anyway, and good luck to anyone that does get a ticket regardless of their situation. But it just strikes me as forgetting about the people that got the club to where it is now, when it wasn't such an attractive proposition.
You see, this is where I have some sympathy for you
City can clearly track attendances at home cup games and I would make the system
Cup scheme holders; points criteria
Three cup games; points criteria
Two cup games; points criteria
One cup game; points criteria
No cup games; points criteria

Then those who have shown no interest in the cup games have no chance of a ticket!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.