Points for the final

Cup scheme members should get priority, they're the ones who made the commitment to the cup games. City charge about £20 a cup tie. The 3 home ties this year cost the same as a Cat 2 semi final ticket. If you want to go to semi finals and finals you can clearly afford to go to the home games so stop moaning and join the cup scheme.

Gingers Dad said:
Cup scheme members should get priority, they're the ones who made the commitment to the cup games. City charge about £20 a cup tie. The 3 home ties this year cost the same as a Cat 2 semi final ticket. If you want to go to semi finals and finals you can clearly afford to go to the home games so stop moaning and join the cup scheme.

Not sure that there has been any moaning. Just comment on the current situation.

But some people have work commitments as well. I was in the scheme the last two years but missed 5 or 6 matches as I had to work. Was ok at the time cause I could afford it but not everyone can.

Didn't join this year as I'd just finished a contract and wasn't sure I was going to get another.

I'll get a ticket so it won't affect me but I hope the club don't just forget about long serving supporters who for whatever reason can't join up on a scheme.

moomba said:
Gingers Dad said:

Not sure that there has been any moaning. Just comment on the current situation.

But some people have work commitments as well. I was in the scheme the last two years but missed 5 or 6 matches as I had to work. Was ok at the time cause I could afford it but not everyone can.

Didn't join this year as I'd just finished a contract and wasn't sure I was going to get another.

I'll get a ticket so it won't affect me but I hope the club don't just forget about long serving supporters who for whatever reason can't join up on a scheme.

People are moaning about it, but at the end of the day if the people who are on it don't get priority whats the point of the scheme in the first place. I can only speak for the lads I go to the match with but the couple of occasions someones not been able to make it to the game this year they've managed to shift their ticket easy enough, maybe not always at face value but £10 or £15 for a £20 ticket is not exactly going to leave you on queer street is it.

Gingers Dad said:

Agree with this. A lot of seasons at our place cup attendancies have been woeful. We would be lucky to attract 30,000 and thats with an away allocation of around 4/5k. Clearly the club had to do something to increase the cup attendance. With discounted cup tickets and knowing you would be guaranteed a Semi/Final ticket there really is no excuse for not joining. This season we have been slightly unfortunate to have had the majority of our games at home, depending on how you look at it. But we have managed to sell out all our cup games this season so it has worked. In seasons to come we might only get 1/2 games at home so its worth joining and i know the club would accomodate those who haven't the money in their account on a specific date.

Decc66 said:
moomba said:
Gingers Dad said:

People are moaning about it, but at the end of the day if the people who are on it don't get priority whats the point of the scheme in the first place. I can only speak for the lads I go to the match with but the couple of occasions someones not been able to make it to the game this year they've managed to shift their ticket easy enough, maybe not always at face value but £10 or £15 for a £20 ticket is not exactly going to leave you on queer street is it.

People aren't moaning, they are offering an alternative viewpoint.

And like I said, I think they should get an advantage. Bump them up a couple of categories as a reward for their commitment. But it is a one year commitment, where others have decades long commitments to the club but have genuine reasons for not signing up.

Scheme members already get a benefit from through the scheme through cheaper tickets. So there's that and a much better chance of scoring a finals ticket is pretty good reason to sign up if you can.

From <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk</a>

Cup scheme members are at the front of the queue when it comes to cup final tickets.
Again when you renewed your seasoncards you had the option to join or not.

Marvin said:
From <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk</a>

Cup scheme members are at the front of the queue when it comes to cup final tickets.
Again when you renewed your seasoncards you had the option to join or not.

This is true. Should we not discuss different/better ways of doing things in the future then?

I wonder how many wont join the schemes next season, I bet it won't be many

I bet a large majority of season ticket holders take up the cup schemes next season, It has worked perfectly in terms of marketing the schemes for the club this season reaching the cup final

moomba said:
Decc66 said:
moomba said:

People aren't moaning, they are offering an alternative viewpoint.

And like I said, I think they should get an advantage. Bump them up a couple of categories as a reward for their commitment. But it is a one year commitment, where others have decades long commitments to the club but have genuine reasons for not signing up.

Scheme members already get a benefit from through the scheme through cheaper tickets. So there's that and a much better chance of scoring a finals ticket is pretty good reason to sign up if you can.

Actually as it turned out the tickets for cup scheme members and non cup scheme members were the same this season, they weren't cheaper this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.