Points for the final

goater1978 said:
If joining the cup scheme doesn't give you first dibs on a final ticket them there is no point joining the scheme.

That's not really the case. You get a guaranteed ticket to the preliminary games, you get a shitload of loyalty points. I don't think there would ever be a system where members of the scheme didn't get an advantage when it comes to getting tickets for the major games.

People who don't join the scheme will eventually get overtaken by those that are on it. Whether that's enough for you or not, it's a pretty big benefit.

moomba said:
goater1978 said:
If joining the cup scheme doesn't give you first dibs on a final ticket them there is no point joining the scheme.

That's not really the case. You get a guaranteed ticket to the preliminary games, you get a shitload of loyalty points. I don't think there would ever be a system where members of the scheme didn't get an advantage when it comes to getting tickets for the major games.

People who don't join the scheme will eventually get overtaken by those that are on it. Whether that's enough for you or not, it's a pretty big benefit.

First benefit of the cup scheme on the city page is

"Front of the queue for cup final tickets"

As that's a benefit of the scheme and is clearly advertised i don't see how they can change it.

Frankly if you didn't sign up for the scheme it's tough and there's no point crying about it now!

goater1978 said:

As that's a benefit of the scheme and is clearly advertised i don't see how they can change it.

Once again, I'm not crying. I'm discussing the ticketing system. I thought we might be able to do that on here, but maybe not. I'm also not expecting anyone to change the system, the club will use the criteria they want for the final and nothing I say will change anything.

I am also expecting to get a ticket myself despite not being on the scheme as I have plenty of points.

But I think the topic is worthy of discussion on a football discussion board. There is a clear ideological divide on this topic, and it mirrors what a lot of people think about modern football vs football of the past and whether progress has really been a good thing.

Frankly if you didn't sign up for the scheme it's tough and there's no point crying about it now!

There seems to be plenty of this attitude around from blues nowadays. Shame IMO. Ten years ago I wouldn't expect to have heard that from a blue. But seems like there is plenty that think like you.

goater1978 said:

2011 was our first final for years so the club rightly gave preference to people with a large number of loyalty points. This year however they should prioritise the scheme.

It's the only fair way

I agree in principal but the reason for season tickets and also the points system is to reward loyalty and therefore priority for tickets.

A ST holder with 10000 points should surely have shown more loyalty to the club overall than a cup scheme member with 1000 points.

In the old days tokens were collected each game you attended not just cup games and those with most tokens were given priority for future games.

The cup scheme should include being able to select your own seat if being relocated and also priority given to games attended in the season.

moomba said:
goater1978 said:

as are all seasoncard holders

goater1978 said:
moomba said:
goater1978 said:

disagree, i didn't join but did all the FA cup games anyway (couldn't commit).

why should someone who is on the cup scheme but has 1000 less loyalty points then me get a ticket instead?

squirtyflower said:
moomba said:
goater1978 said:

Fair point. Although a SC holder not on the scheme will have to get tickets on a game by game basis with ticket fee (or time queuing) thrown in. So still an advantage but a much lesser one. Still get plenty of points though.

Interesting though that cup loyalty is considered when it comes to getting league tickets, but league loyalty isn't really given the same weight when it comes to getting cup tickets.

moomba said:
squirtyflower said:
moomba said:

Fair point. Although a SC holder not on the scheme will have to get tickets on a game by game basis with ticket fee (or time queuing) thrown in. So still an advantage but a much lesser one. Still get plenty of points though.

Interesting also that cup points count for league tickets, but league points don't really mean a lot when it comes to
or free online mate

it works out exactly the same, points are points wherever you get them from

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
goater1978 said:

2011 was our first final for years so the club rightly gave preference to people with a large number of loyalty points. This year however they should prioritise the scheme.

It's the only fair way

I agree in principal but the reason for season tickets and also the points system is to reward loyalty and therefore priority for tickets.

A ST holder with 10000 points should surely have shown more loyalty to the club overall than a cup scheme member with 1000 points.

In the old days tokens were collected each game you attended not just cup games and those with most tokens were given priority for future games.

The cup scheme should include being able to select your own seat if being relocated and also priority given to games attended in the season.

Using only loyalty points creates an elite group of people who solely by being older than other fans will always get the tickets for the big games depriving just as loyal blues who are unfortunate by being 20 years younger so have less points.

These fans already get priority for every away league game so I see no problem with introducing a cup scheme to give other fans a chance to go to the big games. It's all about making city more accessible and less of a closed shop.

There's a belief on this forum that only the 30,000 that went to York away (which I went to as I was at uni there) are proper blues and anyone younger is an upstart who needs to always be at the back of the queue.

Joining the cup scheme cost £20 per game for a maximum of 4 games. If you didn't want o join that scheme then unfortunately you are going to miss out!

It's not that difficult, everyone on the cup scheme guaranteed to the club some revenue this year during the cup games. You didn't. SIMPLE

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.