Policing in America

No you don't otherwise the civil courts will be full of people taking the local authorities to court

Well most people don't have the money to waste on vexatious or frivolous litigation so your above scenario is unlikely.

Most places where you are filmed by cctv there are usually signs informing you or it is common practice that cameras are installed in those types of places that you cannot reasonably expect not to be filmed.

Civil proceeding can be taken if a person is filmed without consent, and privacy laws exist to protect a person where they can expect privacy.[7][8]

You might reasonably expect that the restaurant you are eating your meal in has cctv but they don't usually have audio equipment, if I start using advanced audiovisual equipment to record guests at a restaurant (from a location outside, no trespassing and can't be asked to leave) without lawful excuse i. e. Journalistic public interest or police/intelligence services surveillance and evidence gathering, then they would be entitled to sue for breach of privacy.

This sort of incident happens all the time in the USA. The problem is that police are always armed.

Some argue that this is absolutely necessary given the prevalence of guns in the US. But really so? What if cops were unarmed unless given permission otherwise? Facing an armed criminal police would back off and "let them go." Except that the suspects are on body cam footage linked instantly to the web - so we'll know who they are and can proceed to arrest them later - with a massive armed presence in a setting of our choosing - minimizing risk to innocent citizens.

Color me stupid if you will - and yes, police going unarmed in the US is going to face huge pushback from all sides - but really? I think it would lead to less unnecessary deaths.

I didn't even see this post until now, but I raised a similar train of thought in the 'Today's Shooting in America' thread just now.

I'm assuming there's no call on dispatch that there's a gun involved, but a violent incident. I, also, don't understand why there's a rifleman at point in light of that.

With that taken into account, when do officers use their their hand-to-hand training to engage a suspect?

It's just crazy to rely on the gun to do your job.

Does anyone really care about this stuff?

Yes, absolutely.

That police are funded by the taxpayer and, unless they are being used educationally to children or services, they shouldn't be fucking around privately, when they could be on patrol doing the job they're paid to do. I, fully, get the filmer's outrage and the cop knows he fucked up, too.

It's a serious job and these clowns want to be treated like heroes.

The UK police protect the establishment and corporates. They don't give a fuck about the people.

In the states:

Having witnessed this i tend to belive it.

A 1p prize for anyone who can identify why this altercation took pace ( spoiler the guy was black the Police were ignorant of the law as ever and the guy knew his rights' ) This happens with UL plod and officialdom for that matter - educate yourself on who you have to answer to.

I once had 3 months fun with TV licensing who came back and forth and I just asked them was I obliged by law to speak to them and they went away. They finally turned up with two squad cars and 6 ( yes 6 ) cops who were there "to see a breach of the peace didn't take place" or in other words to enforce civil law - not their job - for a private entity. Anyway I let them do their stuff without speaking then produced the TV license that had come in the post the previous week. The licensing goon asked me to confirm my details which I declined as its not a legal requirement and plod asked me was I the person named on the license - I asked why when the license relates to the premises not an individual and that really phased him................most people who's job it is to apply the law know fuck all about the laws they are charged to apply sadly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.