Policing in America

Innocent 14 year old girl killed in the dressing room when the police decided to shoot at a suspect in a shop. They didn't even find a gun on the guy they shot up. Fucking barbaric country. What the family of that girl must be going through.
A country in the grip of fear and suspicion.
Get the first blow in with no attempt at reasoning.
Being twitchy and trigger happy is not a good combination.

Whilst you have people like Trump, and there are lots of them in power, backing the police to the hilt then nothing will change. They appear to be trigger happy. Maybe they are not ‘all the same‘ but it just appears that they are. I watched ’137 shots’on Netflix last night and that was truly shocking, especially the shooting of the you lad. All the officers involved, and there were lots of them, pleaded the 5th!! Christ these are people are supposed to ‘protect and serve’ but wouldn’t be called as witnesses to the event.

It is truly amazing that the officer was found guilty of manslaughter after confusing her gun for the tazer.

137 shots is about a couple who were shot dead after 62 police cars in Cleveland gave chase to a car that backfired and promptly fired 137 shots into the car after it was stopped. Needless to say neither people in the car were armed.

The young lad who was killed later was waiving an air pistol around and two police officers rocked up in their car and almost before the car had stopped had shot the lad. Literally it could only have been 2 seconds.

I'm no fan of The Fat Blimp, but you should change your first line from "Whilst you have people like Trump, and there are lots of them in power, backing..." to 'All Presidents back...' because that's the truth.

No president in office (or out of it) has ever criticised the role of the police to my knowledge. Not one.

Whilst you have people like Trump, and there are lots of them in power, backing the police to the hilt then nothing will change. They appear to be trigger happy. Maybe they are not ‘all the same‘ but it just appears that they are. I watched ’137 shots’on Netflix last night and that was truly shocking, especially the shooting of the you lad. All the officers involved, and there were lots of them, pleaded the 5th!! Christ these are people are supposed to ‘protect and serve’ but wouldn’t be called as witnesses to the event.

It is truly amazing that the officer was found guilty of manslaughter after confusing her gun for the tazer.

137 shots is about a couple who were shot dead after 62 police cars in Cleveland gave chase to a car that backfired and promptly fired 137 shots into the car after it was stopped. Needless to say neither people in the car were armed.

The young lad who was killed later was waiving an air pistol around and two police officers rocked up in their car and almost before the car had stopped had shot the lad. Literally it could only have been 2 seconds.
Unfortunately their training means that this mantra actually means "protect yourself and serve out justice as you see fit" in far too many instances.

This sort of incident happens all the time in the USA. The problem is that police are always armed.

Some argue that this is absolutely necessary given the prevalence of guns in the US. But really so? What if cops were unarmed unless given permission otherwise? Facing an armed criminal police would back off and "let them go." Except that the suspects are on body cam footage linked instantly to the web - so we'll know who they are and can proceed to arrest them later - with a massive armed presence in a setting of our choosing - minimizing risk to innocent citizens.

Color me stupid if you will - and yes, police going unarmed in the US is going to face huge pushback from all sides - but really? I think it would lead to less unnecessary deaths.

Last edited:
This sort of incident happens all the time in the USA. The problem is that police are always armed.

Some argue that this is absolutely necessary given the prevalence of guns in the US. But really so? What if cops were unarmed unless given permission otherwise? Facing an armed criminal police would back off and "let them go." Except that the suspects are on body cam footage linked instantly to the web - so we'll know who they are and can proceed to arrest them later - with a massive armed presence in a setting of our choosing - minimizing risk to innocent citizens.

Color me stupid if you will - and yes, police going unarmed in the US is going to face huge pushback from all sides - but really? I think it would lead to less unnecessary deaths.

works here - we have guns in circulation and armed offences take place - there are certain armed officers dedicated to the role who are specially trained for it - yes mistakes happen sometimes the innocent do get shot - civilian and Police alike - but until America wakes up to the fact that the answer to one side having guns is not for the others to have more and bigger guns nothing will change

Last edited:
works here - we have guns in circulation and armed offences take place - there are certain armed officers dedicated to the role who are specially trained for it - yes mistakes happen sometimes the innocent do get shot - civilian and Police alike - but until America wakes up to the fact that the answer to one side having guns is not for the others to have more and bigger guns nothing will change
Yup - the UK has it right.

But in the USA - even in extremely liberal communities - I'm not aware of any area in which police go unarmed.

Yup - the UK has it right.

But in the USA - even in extremely liberal communities - I'm not aware of any area in which police go unarmed.

It’s never gonna happen in the USA though. And even if it did many police would just bring their own gun to work.

The UK not having cops carrying guns (other than dedicated fifearms units) is the excpetion to the rule.

Only 19 countries worldwide (many are small Pacific islands/archipelagos) have unarmed cops, whilst it is statistically safer for civilians, it isn't gonna happen with the amount of guns in America.

I think there is probably less guns per capita in every edition of Grand Theft Auto than real life America.

Does anyone really care about this stuff?

Policing in America or people filming them up to no good claiming to be auditors?

In the case of the first I think as we follow events in the States we should be interested - in the case of the latter the jury is out. I think its important that law breakers and bellends are captured on film and exposed - however a lot of these self appointed "auditors" are doing what they do to prompt a reaction for clicks and cash. However even that for me is a yes and no. If I take the one's I see from the UK whilst I think its something to expect a minimum wage jobsworth to know the law I kind of think why not? Why can a UK employer give a person a minimum wage job and a hi-viz coat with SECURITY on the back and be allowed to send them out into the world ignorant of the laws around privacy and photography? When its the Police I just get angry as they are either stupid or ignorant of the law and if they are ignorant of the basics of the law fuck knows what they do when they are involved in proper serious events?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.