Policing in the UK

Does that mean you could see a mitigating reason why a copper goes in with his feet to someone on the floor unable to move?

Definitely there is, like I’ve said earlier if I’d been knocked out and overpowered while carrying a gun and my colleague's were getting beaten up I’d believe this person was a lunatic and after coming round dazed and without my glasses gone running in and seeing the lad who’d been causing the carnage on the floor with no copper restraining him on the floor and thinking he might get up and carry on
I understand how this situation might have caused the lad to behave this way and would consider them mitigating circumstances
Now some even if this is what happened don’t see it as mitigating

People have different opinions and I’m sure court will decide if they consider those mitigating circumstances or not

Definitely there is, like I’ve said earlier if I’d been knocked out and overpowered while carrying a gun and my colleague's were getting beaten up I’d believe this person was a lunatic and after coming round dazed and without my glasses gone running in and seeing the lad who’d been causing the carnage on the floor with no copper restraining him on the floor and thinking he might get up and carry on
I understand how this situation might have caused the lad to behave this way and would consider them mitigating circumstances
Now some even if this is what happened don’t see it as mitigating

People have different opinions and I’m sure court will decide if they consider those mitigating circumstances or not
Afraid we disagree. He knew exactly what he was doing as demonstrated by giving the other guy with his hands in the air similar force. There is no mitigation for kicking someone who was no threat

I asked on here few years back if living with my mixed race partner for 18 years still meant I was racist
It was a resounding yes and that’s just as bad as those who say “ I’ve got friends who are black “

I tell you what it’s tough work not being racist these days
You can be racist regardless of your own colour or family members....black skin white masks is a classic book on the subject of racism and internalised racism. I'm not accusing you of being racist and I'm just saying that the issue is more nuanced than you are making out

I generally empathise with the police as they do a difficult job, but unless there is a lot of context edited out of the video that stamp/kick is way beyond the minimum reasonable force threshold as far as I can see. It is however justifiable under the principles of chat shit get banged/ natural justice.

I generally empathise with the police as they do a difficult job, but unless there is a lot of context edited out of the video that stamp/kick is way beyond the minimum reasonable force threshold as far as I can see.
It was way OTT based on that footage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.