Poll: Blue Shorts

Gary James said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
1.618034 said:
Socks are a different and more minor issue.

White shorts at home please. They do exist.

[bigimg]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8005/img0038qa.jpg[/bigimg]

I had the same leaflet posted to me today, when I saw the two sets of shorts I thought its a good opportunity for City and Umbro to save face and stick to the (traditional) white shorts. The new shirt looks better than I first thought and if the white shorts get the go ahead it'll look the business. As someone said, we're not Coventry.

I agree. I don't like the idea of blue shorts and feel it cheapens City's image and - importantly for attention around the world - the brand.

It really has surprised me that we've got blue shorts after the complaints City had during Pearce's era and the comments made by City (when we were still with Umbro) when we returned to white shorts in 1985.

One area worth remembering is that whenever City play United the Reds will be able to wear their full regular home traditional kit of red shirts and white shorts no matter where the sides play, but City will be the ones that appear to have changed. These things probably don't matter to players and performance, but when it comes to image and brand recognition, Utd will be the ones that look familiar to the world.

Okay, it's minor, but making Utd change from white shorts to black or whatever when the sides play at the Etihad feels right.

I truly hope someone decides to gradually drop the blue shorts from any publicity and adopt white shorts as the preferred choice.

There must have been a great reason for picking blue shorts but I can't imagine what it was.

^That'll do for me. As usual, spot on Gary.

A

Shaelumstash said:
It seems to be pretty near to unanimous that City fans want the team in white shorts next season. Has anyone got any ideas as to how we can highlight the fans views to the club?

By putting on a 'men who care too much about the colour of footballers shorts' fashion show on in the village. Should get an appreciative crowd with aligned views in that department.

1.618034 said:
Socks are a different and more minor issue.

White shorts at home please. They do exist.

[bigimg]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8005/img0038qa.jpg[/bigimg]

Sky just showed the side we sent to Altringham today playing in the navy blue shirts and the new white shorts in the picture above, so they definitely exist and aren't just a photoshop.

Following another posters suggestion to try and get some momentum on Twitter and Facebook, I'm not on either of those sites. Does anyone know of any City fans with a lot of followers / friends on those sites that might put something out?

I know Gary James is on there so hopefully he might share his views. I remember fbloke is on Twitter but not sure of his views on the blue shorts.

To me the kit looks like 3 completely different styles - 1970s shirt, Training shorts and 1950s socks. Bizarre.

My first game was Charlton at home. 5-1 to win promotion back to top flight. Don't mind all Sky blue, but the quality of the shorts looks a little dowdy.

Not impressed. And Liam Gallagher "sponsoring" the kit launch. As someone else commented about the City brand, do we want other non-football people to think that City fans are a bunch of brainless fuckwits like him?

Not fussed blue or white.

On a seperate theme, how about we have the St Marks black and white as an away kit? I wear this shirt to every match and particularly at wembley I got complete strangers coming up to me shaking my hand saying "Nice one, someone with a sense of history" and the like.

After all, the black and red is borrowed from Milan.

027ce0ca-c34a-03f6.jpg

FFS that's a Coventry kit, it doesn't even look like City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.