Port Vale (H) - FA Cup 3rd Round Post Match Thread

just to add , we were averaging 46-47000 when we first moved into the stadium- a full 4 years before we were taken over, so actually in fact we were really there when we were shit.

And we only just stayed up that season, with the league average for the 20 Premier League teams being around 30,000.

I thought Vale gave it a good go. Pope scored a quality goal.

City were much as I expected. We were good but lacked quality out wide. ANgelino was effective but Cancelo struggled a little to make an impression.

The one thing I was surprised with was the amount of space Vale gave us. They stood off us a long way and that allowed City to play. I remember League One as being very physical but this was a very uncompetitive game. There were hardly any tackles or challenges.

Vale fans were loud. I heard from a friend in the SOuth Stand that they were throwing stuff onto the City fans. Not sure how serious that was. Not heard anyone else mention it.

Foden class again. I thought Harwood-Bellis looked very comfortable in possession. Once again VAR damaged the game. This time it went in our favour but even when it works in your favour it's still a bad experience.

I lived in sjoke for a few years (and no I am not bragging) and there were fucking masses of united and divarpool fans around the place. You definitely have your own identity though
I’ve met a few Stoke fans over the years and asked them why they hate United so much and they’ve all said it was because of all the armchair glory hunting United fans who live in Stoke.

West Ham fans said the same thing to me at an away game there once, one said “they’re our local rivals too, they’re everywhere in East London”.

just to add , we were averaging 46-47000 when we first moved into the stadium- a full 4 years before we were taken over, so actually in fact we were really there when we were shit.
Indeed. In the last season I consider us to have been really shit, 2006-07, the season we didn’t score at home after Christmas, we averaged almost exactly 40,000 (39,997).

Fans of clubs like SheffU are coming to our place and singing it at us when they have only averaged over 35,000 once in their entire history. We’ve literally averaged better than their best ever attendance when we were shit!

No small wonder that Zinchenko was the only City player who would exchange shirts with the gobshite pope, his header was great but aside from that his performance was rank, that's why he's playing where he is...

Like Pope, the Vale keyboard warriors on here have also disgraced their club ....
Hopefully the Vale supporter Bongo Bongo is in the majority, I suspect the vast majority of the support today big timing it were rags and dippers, not Port Vale fans... I wish them well, they gave it a go today so respect to them for doing what most PL teams are afraid to do....
I’m off to Stevenage on Saturday

Got home from match at 0330 this morning, I had my youngest lad and two grandkids and they loved it. First time for them and in the kid zone before the game.
Foden, absolutely owned that game, his energy, passion and desire to take the game by the balls and drive forward is wonderful to see. Great things ahead hopefully, maybe a few of the seasoned pros need to emulate his desire etc.
Mason did his best as usual to try and fcuk us over at every opportunity. I have never seen so many weak fouls given. As soon as we went near them from behind, He already had his whistle in his mouth. lovely to see the younger lads, mixed in with the superstars. Doyle had some useful minutes and looked really calm on the ball.
VAR is absolutely comical. Put it on the screen you cheating bunch of wankspangles. It works well with rugby and takes far less time, at least the crowd will be able to see that you’re blatantly adjusting your viewing the laws instead of just applying the rules.
We wasted a hatful of chances but at least PV tried to play a bit of football, better than some of the PL teams that have just come to park the bus. Singing YNWA is a bit embarrassing for them. I hope that they realise it. It was their Cup Final, and I hope they enjoyed the day, give them some credit, they made a bit of noise.
Onwards City!!

Think what you like, but I bet you wouldn’t mind a genuine Manchester lad, who grew up on your streets supporting your team and playing for you and being a legend as opposed to super overpaid overseas journeymen. Pope all day.. top lad he is
Harwood-Bellis, Foden and Tommy Doyle are all Manchester lads who grew up on our streets and now they play for the club that they supported, and in the case of Tommy Doyle he is the grandson of Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe (who played for City in a previous generation). Maybe you didn't know that but you do now.

To be honest it does not matter to be where a player is born. All that matters is whether they are good enough to wear the shirt and whether they wear it with pride. And the same goes for the fans.

What was going on in the Family Stand with a drum and clappers?

I was sat on the halfway line and wondering what I could hear from the Family Stand. Sounded like a singing section. Someone was having fun anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.