Possible new stadium - some interesting information

To those marveling over the Cowboys Stadium you have no idea. It looks phenomenal in pictures but when you actually get in there it's beyond words. I hate the Cowboys but it's the single coolest place I've ever been. There are over 3000 HD TVs in the stadium and they are planning to eventually bring it up to 5000. Literally every screen in the building is HD. The menus at the concessions stands are HD TVs. And the giant video board? Mindblowing. If City ends up with something like this, it will be one of the 3 or 5 best stadia in the world, regardless of sport.

baylorblue said:
To those marveling over the Cowboys Stadium you have no idea. It looks phenomenal in pictures but when you actually get in there it's beyond words. I hate the Cowboys but it's the single coolest place I've ever been. There are over 3000 HD TVs in the stadium and they are planning to eventually bring it up to 5000. Literally every screen in the building is HD. The menus at the concessions stands are HD TVs. And the giant video board? Mindblowing. If City ends up with something like this, it will be one of the 3 or 5 best stadia in the world, regardless of sport.

seriously who cares how many tv's are there you go to watch the game in reality. if i wanted to watch the game on tv i'd watch in on my 1 and only tv in my room i cant watch 5k tv's at once

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
Yeah, make it more clique-ie with secret pm's and a handshake - oooh and maybe an "inner circle" ring or necklace..

I love the whole, "I know something you don't know" stuff.

It really lets everyone know who the movers and shakers are and certainly lets me know that I know shit.

Sorry mate...I get piles of grief for going public with some news earlier this week. You being one of the prime movers if I remember.

Never again.

You got piles of abuse, not for going public, but slating anyone that didn't agree with Ireland mate. If someone didn't agree you simply replied with "my arse", "you know nothing" etc etc without acknowledging most of posters valid points.

Not one person didn't believe you, just most disagreed with what Stevie (or his agent/friend/bin man) was saying via your goodself. Please do not try and make out you were made into a social parriah because of it.

Anyway, just because you got burnt does not mean you have to try and stop posters such as Tolmie (who's posts I tend to take note of most of all on this forum) and the like. Comparing this topic with your thread is like comparing apples and curtains.

I have no interest in us moving to another stadium, regardless of size or what revenue it would bring in.....i feel that COMS is only just starting to feel like home and any possibility of moving again would just be shite

I remember the first time I went to COMS and was amazed that this is where City play their games. It was superb and I felt really proud to be blue. I want the best most impressive facility possible for City and if we were moving somewhere better just across the road then that is cool with me

United will never need to share a stadium with us. They have spent too much developing the skip and to be honest they will fill it for the foreseeable future.
Personally I hope this is a load of bollocks because City v Stoke on a wet Wednesday in winter will only half fill a 100k stadium, at best, infact it would probably be less than that. Realistically for us a stadium which holds an initial 60k is right, which could have the potential to be expanded dependant on success, because success will inevitably bring plastic fans like the rags have. Screw this I want to go back to sitting in the Gene Kelly v Macclesfield, much more 'us'!

When you look at the Cowboys new home, the Allianz Arena and other top stadiums around the world it is clearer than ever that COMS was done on a tight budget.

It suited the club at the time but doesnt suite the clubs new profile.

Are the board and the owner looking at options? Of course the are .

To those of you who say COMS is just fine think about its limitations, and there are plenty of them.

A new stadium is the only practical way to develop and you simply dont wait for the first trophy to make changes like that.

dw7 said:
baylorblue said:

seriously who cares how many tv's are there you go to watch the game in reality. if i wanted to watch the game on tv i'd watch in on my 1 and only tv in my room i cant watch 5k tv's at once

You are missing the forest for the trees. What I'm saying is, the stadium is so incredibly extravagant. There's a lot more that goes into a venue than just the playing field. If there wasn't people would just build stands around a pitch and be done with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.