Possible new stadium - some interesting information

dw7 said:
i thought the nou camp was over 100,00

in fairness city will never fill a 100k stadium

the fan base just aint there imo
i agree. even if it was free we wouldnt fill it.

davymcfc said:
dw7 said:
i thought the nou camp was over 100,00

in fairness city will never fill a 100k stadium

the fan base just aint there imo

exactly one of our biggest games in years and it was nearly free to go £5 was it. when we played hamburg sold out pretty quick but i doubt there were 50k disappointed blues out there that couldnt get a ticket

havin saying that sucess does bring new support (which some on here dont want but wouldnt be surprised if the same people want a 100k stadium) but sucess wont bring an extra 50k blues imo i'd like to be wrong but dont think i will be

I think it is clear that expansion of some kind will be needed, particularly to our corporate facilities. Redeveloping our stadium would seem to me to be very difficult and result in reduced capacity for quite a while which isn't good at all. I'd love a purpose built stadium but 100k is too big. I'd put an absolute limit on 80k and we'd struggle to fill that as it is.

dw7 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You're right in one sense (although there are no figures yet and any that do come out will be indicative only, plus we don't know the plan) but in 5 years time we could be a very different proposition.

i agree pb build it befor we need it and its too late but i think no matter how successful city are in the next 5/10 years we'll never have the fan base of 100k+
Actually it does make business sense. The publicly stated aim is to make the club self-sustaining financially and this will involve increasing ticket revenue substantially as wll as other income streams.

If you look at average ticket price achieved (including corporate) the rags pull in around £45 per ticket. We pull in half that (and that's the average per ticket so nothing to do with capacity). To match that sort of revenue we's have to charge something like an average of £55 or more per ticket if we stayed at CoMS. The only way you realistically could do that is by selling a significant percentage of premium-priced corporate seats and we can't do that at CoMS.

I'll bet a large proportion of the rags corporate market aren't actually real supporters at all but have their facilities as a way of entertaining customers. I've worked for a company where they were all West Ham fans but had a box at the swamp. So you would look to attract that market if you had a product to offer.

dw7 said:
davymcfc said:

exactly one of our biggest games in years and it was nearly free to go £5 was it. when we played hamburg sold out pretty quick but i doubt there were 50k disappointed blues out there that couldnt get a ticket

havin saying that sucess does bring new support (which some on here dont want but wouldnt be surprised if the same people want a 100k stadium) but sucess wont bring an extra 50k blues imo i'd like to be wrong but dont think i will be
maybe for the odd big game it would be full. but thats a big if. to be honest i like things the way they are. if we start to get a lot bigger waiting lists or whatever then maybe we should look in to extending the ends. COMS was built with the view that it could be extended. otherwise we will do a juventus and play in an empty stadium every game and then downsize.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.