Post Match: City vs Barca

Just not good enough tonight. As if four four fucking two was going to be effective against that lot!? Especially with no Yaya.

There was a long period tonight where we looked like Newcastle looked on Saturday...

We're lucky that we're still in the tie, mathematically, but our chances of progressing are slim.

We're not seeing any progression in Europe are we?

The last fella lost his job because of it...

But tbf to Pellers one look at the squad sheets tonight showed, despite how far we've come, there's a long way to go yet.

Also, has anyone got the stats on how many penalties and red cards we get per CL match? We must be winning that particular race!?

abandon thread!
eddie-whaaa.gif

LoveCity said:
11 players who function smoothly as a team and are all comfortable on a ball.

vs.

a mix of similar players who are great with the ball, players who are hesitant with the ball and a couple who aren't sure what to do with the ball.

It comes down to that really. Build a team where everything functions perfectly and only then can you challenge the best of the best on more than a one-off basis. A year later and we're still a long way off. We did very well to leave that game with a 2-1. Our second half performance was better, but Barcelona took their foot off the gas a bit and I'm grateful to them for that.

How can you really expect a midfield of Fernando and Milner to compete against Busquets and Rakitic? It's not even fair, it's a massacre even before kick-off. Milner is a good player for us but wouldn't get near Barcelona's midfield in a hundred years. And Fernando, well say no more. I don't like to admit I was wrong about a player but unless something changes quick, I was wrong about him. Why Fernandinho didn't start is a mystery. Pellegrini bemoaned poor pressing when Fernandinho is one of our best for this.

It's been this way for a while now. The only player who looks comfortable on the ball in our defense is MDM, and yet even he was having trouble in possession when they pressed. We have zero composure in our midfield aside from Yaya with Fernando and Milner tiers below what's required and the only players in this team capable of holding there own without wetting the bed in possession are Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Aguero. That's four out of 10 outfield players, and against teams that are better than us, it's not good enough.

Well i'm as disappointed as most, but there are some right fucking spoilt mardarses on here.
Same every time we lose a fucking game.
FWIW i thought we (the team) not just individuals, were poor first half. We gave them far too much time
on the ball. Second half we improved and maybe could have kept the momentum we had,
had Clichy not been sent off. I know it's a harsh sending off, but players fucking know, you have to be
careful if you're already on a yellow. Anyway, play like we did in the first half in Nou Camp and we're
out. Play like in the second, with a bit more belief and we still have a chance.

Just to add, this we don't fear Barcelona, well first half they did a bloody good impression.

It's not over but I will be amazed if we go though. If we look like we might go through, you can guarantee they will get a soft pen or one of our players will get sent off. It's the same every time we play them. I really can't warm to watching players throwing themselves over & rolling all over the pitch every time they get tackled. I don't enjoy our CL games, I'm looking forward to the away trip more for a few days away rather than the match.

Juan King said:
It's not over but I will be amazed if we go though. If we look like we might go through, you can guarantee they will get a soft pen or one of our players will get sent off. It's the same every time we play them. I really can't warm to watching players throwing themselves over & rolling all over the pitch every time they get tackled. I don't enjoy our CL games, I'm looking forward to the away trip more for a few days away rather than the match.

Aye, fucking Jordi Alba screaming and rolling around for a pen, when it
was a great tackle by Zab and no contact whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.