Post Match: City vs Barca

Manuel Pellegrini asked if he regrets initial tactics. "No, I was very happy. It was the way we must play against Barcelona."

Still a big gulf in class and performance. In the first half Barca were quicker closing down, quicker to the ball, controlled on the ball and quicker on the break.
Relatively poor performances from Komps, Demi, Clichy, Nasri and Milner. Fernando has to go in the summer, just not good enough.
We have great players in our squad and should be doing better than this, especially at home.

BlueAnorak said:
Another awful performance in Europe. Hart made 4 excellent saves finishing with the pen. We let them have the ball without putting them under pressure. Not much movement when we had the ball all game. Pretty essential in a pass and move game.

Sums up most of our fans on here and the moaners and groaners in the stadium. This isn't some second rate team we are playing you Know, they weren't closing down because they were fucked from running around cause of barca possession. Believe.

@BluePhil8 said:
Hart 8/10
Zaba 3/10
Kompany 2/10
Demichellis 6/10
Clichy 1/10
Milner 5/10
Fernando 4/10
Nasri 7/10
Silva 8/10
Aguero 7/10
Dzeko 5/10
Pellegrino 1/10
If Dzeko gets a 5/10 then Fernando should be in minus numbers.

Far from ideal result but in the same breath its far from over. Hope Manuel can FINALLY LEARN HIS MISTAKES. I'm content with that result all things considered.

Awful team selection from pellegrini. practically gifted barca the tie. Genuinely believe we would of taken a lead to the camp nou if we had played 4-5-1. For me, some serious questions need to be asked of him after tonight's choice's. First half we were as bad as Newcastle were against us last weekend. it was that pathetic. Barcelona barely had to try and played the entire game in second gear, they didn't play particularly well yet we couldn't get near them first half. This is not Dzeko's fault in the slightest and i'm not having a go at him for it but most of the first half you found him stuck out on the left hand side when Silva drifted inwards but we needed him in the middle, if he was going to do that then that's fine but surely there's players better suited to do that? I.e Midfielders!

The people that clapped Messi as he went to take a corner second half, as well as those that were filming/taking photos during the penalty should be ashamed of themselves. They were there tonight to support Manchester City not idolise an opposition player.

Kompany is having a shocker of a season.

Fernando shaky again.

We are still in the tie but I feel sorry for Aguero and Silva, they should be winning this competition.

5948947 said:
BlueAnorak said:
Another awful performance in Europe. Hart made 4 excellent saves finishing with the pen. We let them have the ball without putting them under pressure. Not much movement when we had the ball all game. Pretty essential in a pass and move game.

Sums up most of our fans on here and the moaners and groaners in the stadium. This isn't some second rate team we are playing you Know, they weren't closing down because they were fucked from running around cause of barca possession. Believe.

mate this forum is especially bad for it barely anyone is ever happy. We got a great result tonight, but going off the poster above we were shit. You can't win

pudge said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Hart 8/10
Zaba 3/10
Kompany 2/10
Demichellis 6/10
Clichy 1/10
Milner 5/10
Fernando 4/10
Nasri 7/10
Silva 8/10
Aguero 7/10
Dzeko 5/10
Pellegrino 1/10
If Dzeko gets a 5/10 then Fernando should be in minus numbers.

I actually thought Dzeko did OK bar the header where he obviously should have done better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.