Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

another generation said:
Not seen the game, but have just read that Joe parried the Rossi drive back into the centre of the goalmouth. This is what he did against Bayern, and the commentators (watching in Norway) were well aware of it. Assume Bayern were aware, too, hence their poached goals. Is this Joe's weak point, and can someone get him to sort it out?

Agreed.

But on a positive note, he's stopped hoofing it forward (to the opposition) every time he gets the ball. Even with 1 minute to go, he played it out through the back 4. At last he's getting the hang of it.

jimharri said:
Ri8bq.png

Rj0aS.png

QmRYY.png

Sorry about the watermarks. Hopefully there might be some better ones around tomorrow!

you can get them without here at work :)

Missed the last goal.

I always get up from my seat with 60seconds of injury time remaining and walk up towards the exit. Normally then the whistle goes just as I get to the top of the stairs.

Today was no different except my lads were bursting for the loo so they ran.

Just get into the bog and City score.............

All in all though we know that we are not performing in the CL the way we know we can do from our EPL form.

We have to be positive that tonight we turned the corner and put 3-points on the board.

Onwards and upwards.

Re: things we have learnt from tonight

ifiwasarichfan said:
We have character................ I knew that already
We are still coming to terms with the champs league............As above
We are a better side with Barry..................As above
Yaya is better in an advanced role..............As above
Dzeko is a confidence player (masively)..........just wasn't his night, no big deal.
Silva is human.............All entitled to a bad day at the office
Milner is in scary form and MUST start the derby..............very good rather than scary and I think I would play him Saturday
Clichy and richards must start our must win games???.............We have four great full backs and Mancini rotates them effectively,trust the Manager
We can still qualify................We will qualify

Dunno about Saturday but I'd definitely play him on Sunday.

Thank you James Milner. Great play at the end to keep playing football when everyone was losing their heads

I can not understand why we struggled so badly with our game tonight. Villareal were no more than average but we just didn't have any composure

However the one thing that was missing from this season was proof that we can win a game when we're playing badly

We won for Christ sake!! Yes nasri and Dzeko didn't play well but people slagging them off need to sort themselves out. Support the players who play for your team you idiots!

Milner a 100% starter for Sunday.

Josh Blue said:
Most frustrating match I have ever watched! It just was not clicking at all When Sergio put the ball in the net I went mental!

Dzeko had a poor game but so did Silva and Nasri but them three are still a class act and will all bounce back.

Kolarov take a bow great performance mate, he just kept going!
+1

The ultimate F.U. to the early leavers society.

What an amazing moment, my head was in my hands and I thought it was over, looked up and Milner saved our arses with some great play leading to the goal.

Of course if Dzeko hadn't looked like a Sunday league player tonight we might have won a lot easier! Not sure what happened with him, absolute nightmare, someone near me was calling him the Rubber Man as everything bounced off him.

BTW Oliver Holt is defending us fiercely on Twitter and had a go at Balague for questioning our team spirit this afternoon.

LoveCity said:
The ultimate F.U. to the early leavers society.

What an amazing moment, my head was in my hands and I thought it was over, looked up and Milner saved our arses with some great play leading to the goal.

Of course if Dzeko hadn't looked like a Sunday league player tonight we might have won a lot easier! Not sure what happened with him, absolute nightmare, someone near me was calling him the Rubber Man as everything bounced off him.

BTW Oliver Holt is defending us fiercely on Twitter and had a go at Balague for questioning our team spirit this afternoon.
Wasn't just Dzeko. A lot of players played poorly.

Kolarov did well, but for me it had to be James Milner for having the courage when everyone else just lost it

greasykieth said:
We won for Christ sake!! Yes nasri and Dzeko didn't play well but people slagging them off need to sort themselves out. Support the players who play for your team you idiots!

Milner a 100% starter for Sunday.

Good sense!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.