Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Just got in.

Nasri and Dzeko biggest disappointments of the night.

We struggle when we are behind because the 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't lend itself to chasing a game.

Great to see a come from behind win though, been a long time coming.

Onwards and upwards.

adrianr said:
Cityfan said:
Only able to see it on TV as I was working but for those who slag of Dzeko one thing I would say is that he kept on showing the whole game and never gave up although he was playing poorly. Many players just hide when they are playign poorly, From the TV it looked a bit as if Nasri did that.

Right, this is what he did ALL THE TIME at Arsenal. I said he would do it here. He had an insane debut which gets the fans off your back for a while, and when I've bought up him being poor since (pretty much every minute he's been on the bloody pitch), everyone just covers their ears and throws his assist stats at me. And now people are starting to cotton on. Being the last person to hit the ball before the next player puts it into the net IS NOT ENOUGH. Nasri is a fair weather player. When you're dicking the opposition he'll look fantastic, score nice goals, get good assists. When it's not going your way he's done almost nothing to show he's got the balls to step up and make himself counted.

And you can all **** off if you think you can just quote this post and say "We win and still people find something to moan about", well there's no point moaning when we lose because everyone is sodding doing it!! :P

Dzeko strikes me as the sort of player as you say that even when it's not going his way, he's going to try and turn it around. He had a mare tonight but spent the majority of the game wondering around on his own sobbing "Kun, kun, come back kun".

Now I've got that off my chest, that was amazing. The game was rubbish, we were rubbish, we're still not as good as we think we are and frankly I'm downright scared about us coming up against Real Madrid or Barcelona, but winning in the dying seconds of a game is a luxury we're ill afforded as City fans, and by god does it feel good. Neville got it spot on, there is no better way to win a game. This could well be one of those eureka moments where the team realises we can go after teams in the dying minutes and win. Like those lot have literally been winning titles off the back off for fucking years.

The match was a mixture of poor form and just bad luck. I' amazed with the way things were going we even managed to get an own goal, because it seemed that every touch, every pass, every rebound was *just* going somewhere we didn't want it to go. We were so close to fashioning some great chances that were just a little too long, a little too hard, a little too this or that.

Oh and James Milner, you star. You absolute star.

Spot on my friend

We are not the finished article....yet. Poor performance tonight. Its a learning curve. However, we have the tools in the box to win the league. What we dont want is to end up in that bloody europe league.
But being Man City, if we do, we might just win it.!!!!

Bring on them red bastards!

Re: things we have learnt from tonight

De Jong and Hart were poor for the goal we concided. De Jong should of won the tackle but he didnt. Hart should be pushing that ball wide for a corner. Thats twice he has done this in the Champions League so far. He needs to stay focused in games like this.

Mancini must make a call on Nasri and Yaya starting tonight both looked poor and we cant have both in the team in Europe. Agree with Milner he should of started. Once De Jong went off we got over ran in the midfield and the Milner move sorted that out. Barry and Yaya in the midfield together is pointless and must not happen in future games.

Think the Johnson move was a bit premature it worked but we were always going to score in the first half. Another questionable move by Mancini. In the end it means not a lot as we got the result. Dzeko has lost his confidence that he had at the start of the season. Mario will be needed big time in the remainer. Dzeko needs to sort himself out big time sooner rather than later.

Rammy Blue said:
Just got in.

We struggle when we are behind because the 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't lend itself to chasing a game.

Onwards and upwards.
Don't think the poor performance had anything to do with tactics. The players just were all having a bad night. Poor touch. Not enough movement. Picking the wrong pass. Missing chances. Hardly anything was done simply. We have played much better in Premiership games. The players must have felt under pressure, or played with lead in their boots

Watching_Swede said:
greasykieth said:
We won for Christ sake!! Yes nasri and Dzeko didn't play well but people slagging them off need to sort themselves out. Support the players who play for your team you idiots!

Milner a 100% starter for Sunday.

Good sense!

agreed

Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:
Just got in.

Onwards and upwards.
Don't think the poor performance had anything to do with tactics. The players just were all having a bad night. Poor touch. Not enough movement. Picking the wrong pass. Missing chances. Hardly anything was done simply. We have played much better in Premiership games. The players must have felt under pressure, or played with lead in their boots

Did you actually read my post?

We went a goal down early and our formation doesn't work when chasing a game as we don't get enough people forward quickly enough and Villareal just sat deep.

I take it you weren't at the game?

Lets remember there are no crap teams in our group and to get a result playing a bad game is a testament to how far we have come. Some of our players looked out of their depth tonight and some just had a bad game, it happens and it pissed me off to hear all the moaners at the game tonight, they are obviously not from maine road :) for me im chuffed i can go to games sober these days :p

Hart needs to stop parrying the ball like that. The rags would have followed up the shots

leighton said:
De Jong and Hart were poor for the goal we concided. De Jong should of won the tackle but he didnt. Hart should be pushing that ball wide for a corner. Thats twice he has done this in the Champions League so far. He needs to stay focused in games like this.

Mancini must make a call on Nasri and Yaya starting tonight both looked poor and we cant have both in the team in Europe. Agree with Milner he should of started. Once De Jong went off we got over ran in the midfield and the Milner move sorted that out. Barry and Yaya in the midfield together is pointless and must not happen in future games.

Think the Johnson move was a bit premature it worked but we were always going to score in the first half. Another questionable move by Mancini. In the end it means not a lot as we got the result. Dzeko has lost his confidence that he had at the start of the season. Mario will be needed big time in the remainer. Dzeko needs to sort himself out big time sooner rather than later.

Really? well, we didn't.... until he made the change, so it can only be a good move from Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.