Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:
Just got in.

Nasri and Dzeko biggest disappointments of the night.

We struggle when we are behind because the 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't lend itself to chasing a game.

Great to see a come from behind win though, been a long time coming.

Onwards and upwards.
Don't think the poor performance had anything to do with tactics. The players just were all having a bad night. Poor touch. Not enough movement. Picking the wrong pass. Missing chances. Hardly anything was done simply. We have played much better in Premiership games. The players must have felt under pressure, or played with lead in their boots

Did you actually read my post?

We went a goal down early and our formation doesn't work when chasing a game as we don't get enough people forward quickly enough and Villareal just sat deep.

I take it you weren't at the game?
yes I was.

As I said. Tactics irrelevant. No need to try and be clever. City play pass and move. Too many players just failed to do it properly, and when we did get through them we finished poorly

phil31 said:
We are not the finished article....yet. Poor performance tonight. Its a learning curve. However, we have the tools in the box to win the league. What we dont want is to end up in that bloody europe league.
But being Man City, if we do, we might just win it.!!!!

Bring on them red bastards!

Still looking pretty likely in my view.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=131893043018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylo ... 1893043018</a>

Club survey on the South Stand experiment. I personally thought they did well and made a lot of noise, my only concern is would it be loud in normal situations with no away fans to banter with?

Marvin said:
yes I was.

As I said. Tactics irrelevant. No need to try and be clever. City play pass and move. Too many players just failed to do it properly, and when we did get through them we finished poorly

Apologies Marvin, just still pretty emotional.

I've seen it before though, when we go behind our game is too slow and we don't have anyone with electric pace to go in behind the opposition - it's a deficiency that needs sorting in Jan imo.

The Fact of the Matter
1) We won - only this

Opinion
1) I don't like seeing Nasri & Johnson start - 1 or the other, but not both
2) Yaya Toure on song is amazing - off song he is another Jamie Pollock
3) Gareth Barry is immense - no matter what the rest of you muppets think
4) De Jong was at fault for the goal - naughty Nigel, move to the ball and kill the man
5) Mancini is the man - no question; bacio delle grazie and long may he run

LoveCity said:
http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=131893043018

Club survey on the South Stand experiment. I personally thought they did well and made a lot of noise, my only concern is would it be loud in normal situations with no away fans to banter with?
It was absolutely dead tonight. But the game was just so full of tension I couldn't sing. Plenty of cursing and screaming

Re: things we have learnt from tonight

stavros said:
We have character.
We are still coming to terms with the champs league
We are a better side with Barry
Yaya is better in an advanced role
Dzeko is a confidence player (masively)
Silva is human
Milner is in scary form and MUST start the derby
Clichy and richards must start our must win games???
We can still qualify

WE ARE CITY
SUPER CITY
WE ARE CITY
FROM MAINE ROAD

Some good points there mate and very constructive unlike alot of fools i heard at the game tonight. Don't entirely agree on the full back suggestion because i think Kolarov and Zab are more than capable of playing 'big games' but agree with everything else you have said, fair play.

How good was Guiseppe Rossi! I was in awe of some of his hold up play. Very classy player. Uses his body shape to excellent effect, shielding the ball, boucing off challenges, shrugging defenders, etc. Very impressive performance. Would love either him, Cavani or Lavezzi when Tevez eventually leaves.

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:
http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=131893043018

It was absolutely dead tonight. But the game was just so full of tension I couldn't sing. Plenty of cursing and screaming

I agree. Dead but enjoying it. Roberto is doing a good job, nice to be a City fan!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.