Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Ok, so - was not able to watch the game, but based on goal highlights:

1st goal - Marchena beats Dzeko to the ball that he would've scored.
2nd goal - Aguero beats Dzeko to the ball that he'd also score.

So, in essence - with bit more LUCK he could have scored two goals tonight, and would be a fucking GOD to the same people on here bashing him.

Not saying he had a good game, just SEEING he was in right positions/dangerous on both goals...

Bit harsh, some of you?

Saying that only because i DONT believe that a line between a good striker and sub-par striker is as thin as two unfortunate events.

Some people here just turn on players too easily.
It's Champions League. Win is a Win - it doesnt matter HOW.

This is hilarious.

An American Villarreal fan moaning about the ref being influenced by home supporters, how our winner was offside and apparently Aguero was insulting Villarreal players as he left the pitch, calling them "lightweight and losers". Fantastic reading.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.villarrealusa.com/2011/10/19/2498975/injustice-in-manchester-as-villarreal-concede-last-gasp-winner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.villarrealusa.com/2011/10/19 ... asp-winner</a>

Who else was screaming at Kompany and Milner in the last few seconds to hoof the ball upfield. How wrong can I be, they stayed patient and got the rewards.

EaglesFan said:

So, in essence - with bit more LUCK he could have scored two goals tonight, and would be a fucking GOD to the same people on here bashing him.

Not saying he had a good game, just SEEING he was in right positions/dangerous on both goals...

Bit harsh, some of you?

No need to read past this part, the guy had an absolute mare tonight.

Were Villareal arguing with ref at final whsitle. If so, what about?

Their time wasting was doing my head in. One long night of frustration ended with a sweet last minute win. Going to have to play a lot better than this though if we are to go through

Pezzer2 said:
Who else was screaming at Kompany and Milner in the last few seconds to hoof the ball upfield. How wrong can I be, they stayed patient and got the rewards.

I don't think there was anyone in the stadium who wasn't shouting for them to hoof it.

:-)

Rammy Blue said:
EaglesFan said:

Bit harsh, some of you?

That's another thing; the eagles dude is right. Dzeko was getting in the right places which is hugely important as a striker. Keep getting into the gaps/space and it will come. I feel Dzeko is one of those players who (like at the start of the season) builds a momentum and needs to keep playing.

strongbowholic said:
Rammy Blue said:
EaglesFan said:

Bit harsh, some of you?

That's another thing; the eagles dude is right. Dzeko was getting in the right places which is hugely important as a striker. Keep getting into the gaps/space and it will come. I feel Dzeko is one of those players who (like at the start of the season) builds a momentum and needs to keep playing.

I know, am only being facetious.

Personally though, I don't think he's a patch on Balo.

Havent seen a game of ours refereed like that for ages - really refreshing.
I'm not suprised they and their online fans were moaning, the ref wasnt having any of their diving rolling around nonsense they are probably used to.

Any chance we can get the guy in to do Sunday's game ;)

Rammy Blue said:
Pezzer2 said:

I don't think there was anyone in the stadium who wasn't shouting for them to hoof it.

:-)
This! Not sure why we wanted that though, as Dzeko had done nothing to suggest he would suddenly bring down a long ball on his chest, skin a few players and bury a shot into the net! For Milner to patiently work the ball up the pitch and then play that reverse pass in such an important moment was truely world class. I didn't see the players' reactions, as i went fucking mental, but i hope Milner got mobbed by the players. Quality by Jimmy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.