Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:
yes I was.

As I said. Tactics irrelevant. No need to try and be clever. City play pass and move. Too many players just failed to do it properly, and when we did get through them we finished poorly

Apologies Marvin, just still pretty emotional.

I've seen it before though, when we go behind our game is too slow and we don't have anyone with electric pace to go in behind the opposition - it's a deficiency that needs sorting in Jan imo.
I wasn't too happy with AJ going off because I thought he could beat a man one on one. I agree we moved the ball slowly, and also there was little movement off the ball. I thought the game was ruined more by tension and a lack of composure. The players are experienced so why did they freeze?

Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:
yes I was.

As I said. Tactics irrelevant. No need to try and be clever. City play pass and move. Too many players just failed to do it properly, and when we did get through them we finished poorly

I've seen it before though, when we go behind our game is too slow and we don't have anyone with electric pace to go in behind the opposition - it's a deficiency that needs sorting in Jan imo.
I wasn't too happy with AJ going off because I thought he could beat a man one on one. I agree we moved the ball slowly, and also there was little movement off the ball. I thought the game was ruined more by tension and a lack of composure. The players are experienced so why did they freeze?
Weird, I know, but when AJ came off, I was in absolute agreement. In fact I thought it could easily have been Nasri but absolutely right nonetheless. Exactly what was required at the time.

think we were too open with Johnson, as soon as Barry came on things changed. Mancini won us that game.

dont think we can play with Johnson and Nasri against top teams

Tricky_Trev said:
How good was Guiseppe Rossi! I was in awe of some of his hold up play. Very classy player. Uses his body shape to excellent effect, shielding the ball, boucing off challenges, shrugging defenders, etc. Very impressive performance. Would love either him, Cavani or Lavezzi when Tevez eventually leaves.

Thought the same, mate.

Excellent player, strong, fast, great movement - got the lot imo, no wonder Barca tried to get him in the summer.

Rammy Blue said:
Tricky_Trev said:
How good was Guiseppe Rossi! I was in awe of some of his hold up play. Very classy player. Uses his body shape to excellent effect, shielding the ball, boucing off challenges, shrugging defenders, etc. Very impressive performance. Would love either him, Cavani or Lavezzi when Tevez eventually leaves.

Thought the same, mate.

Excellent player, strong, fast, great movement - got the lot imo, no wonder Barca tried to get him in the summer.
I wasn't that impressed by the cheating, diving fucking **** to be honest. ;-)

strongbowholic said:
Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:

Weird, I know, but when AJ came off, I was in absolute agreement. In fact I thought it could easily have been Nasri but absolutely right nonetheless. Exactly what was required at the time.

Although I understood the sub because it allowed Yaya to move forward, I thought the player that wasn't required on the pitch in this particular game was Nige.

strongbowholic said:
Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:

Barry picked the ball off the back 4 and started the passing going. But later on we became over reliant on full backs to get crosses in. Milner eventually broke them down from wide on the right. I thought AJ could have done this earlier if he'd have stayed on. Anyone could have gone off. We needed someone to start us playing the ball simply from side to side and shift Villareal out of position

Press claiming Villarreal didn't sell ONE ticket in advance for this game, their only fans were ex-pats in England some say.

There were some Spaniards in 102 that's for sure, I couldn't figure out who they were supporting to be honest.

Some of the negativity is un fucking real . Positives from this game are weigh more then any so far this season.
93rd min goal gives this team a belief that was not there before, the results of this game out weight anything else for our future games. This belief will go into every time we would need to really score a goal we know we can , This goal will be the catalyst to many late goals we will be scoring from now on.
Also Champions league is not a league its a tournament, the best cricketing teams are brilliant in one on one series but such in cups prime e.g Eng. But a tournament is won based on momentum, you could steam through the group stages and get out done in first knock out being over confident. It's about peaking at the rite time, this victory will have a special meaning to all the players n manager as we saw. Character comes out best when your backs are against the wall this win has taken this team to another level.

Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:
Marvin said:
Barry picked the ball off the back 4 and started the passing going. But later on we became over reliant on full backs to get crosses in. Milner eventually broke them down from wide on the right. I thought AJ could have done this earlier if he'd have stayed on. Anyone could have gone off. We needed someone to start us playing the ball simply from side to side and shift Villareal out of position
You and Rammy both make good points, but for me, as much as I love AJ there are times when he is either found wanting or is found suffering Peter Beagrie syndrome. Given time he will be a thing of beauty and wonder, but he is still developing for me and tonight showed that in spades.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.