Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

Rammy Blue said:
strongbowholic said:
Rammy Blue said:
No need to read past this part, the guy had an absolute mare tonight.
That's another thing; the eagles dude is right. Dzeko was getting in the right places which is hugely important as a striker. Keep getting into the gaps/space and it will come. I feel Dzeko is one of those players who (like at the start of the season) builds a momentum and needs to keep playing.

I know, am only being facetious.

Personally though, I don't think he's a patch on Balo.
Fair play mate - it is an embarrassment of riches we have, as they say :-))

Very like napoli to me. Those two
Full backs give us no overlap, and we have no width on the bench to break down teams. The manager got the subs right by and large, and I was delighted to see a first half change .

I tell you what, hart is a good keeper but he parries like that too often for my liking .

First time we've won from behind in years!

Good substitution by Bobby taking off Johnno. it worked as YaYa bombed forward and changed the dynamic but unfortunately he wasn't at his best once there! Dzeko let down by his first touch and passing. Nasri a passenger in my book and the game was crying out for Aguero who finally managed to beat the offside trap.

Plus points:

1/ Came back from behind
2/ Beat a decent team that defended in depth - again
3/ Played to the whistle for a change and got our reward. We won with a last minute goal FFS. Another barrier falls!

My motm was the tireless never say die Zabba who set up the winner Zabba.

Not a great game but a great result and a great climax to the game. I did actually climax. Apologies to the bloke in front.

Bring on the rags.

What I took from watching is that you can really tell the difference between us in the Champions league and the Premier league. We sometimes seem like different teams but there are hints we are starting to settle and I think our problem right now is psychological rather than tactical.

Also, does anyone else get the feeling Kolarov is on a one man mission to get us into the knockout stages? Man seems born for this so far.

chesterbells said:
Havent seen a game of ours refereed like that for ages - really refreshing.
I'm not suprised they and their online fans were moaning, the ref wasnt having any of their diving rolling around nonsense they are probably used to.

Any chance we can get the guy in to do Sunday's game ;)

excellent ref tonight

strongbowholic said:
Rammy Blue said:
strongbowholic said:
That's another thing; the eagles dude is right. Dzeko was getting in the right places which is hugely important as a striker. Keep getting into the gaps/space and it will come. I feel Dzeko is one of those players who (like at the start of the season) builds a momentum and needs to keep playing.

I know, am only being facetious.

Personally though, I don't think he's a patch on Balo.
Fair play mate - it is an embarrassment of riches we have, as they say :-))

As I said the other day, I'll be astonished if Balo doesn't lead the line on Sunday - tonight just reinforced that view for me.

He's a strange one is Dzeko, one minute looks like the best finisher on the planet, the next looks like me after a night on the piss.

Re: things we have learnt from tonight

Playing in the champions league is like stepping up from the championship to the premier league,a massive difference.Even the so called weaker sides are very good technically and organised.Did anyone not see Basle running the rags ragged a couple of weeks ago?

Even with all their vast European experiance they have only scraped 5 points themselves and were a shade lucky to get that many.

At this level our defence isn't good enough to go toe to toe with most sides.It will be the same on Sunday,we have to be more cautious and rely on the quality of the likes of Ya Ya or Augero to win it.

Re: things we have learnt from tonight

I think we also learned that playing Blackburn & Villa before a CL game isnt ideal preparation. Our passing was very sloppy, their first goal was due to sloppiness. We've had it too easy since the Bayern game. Its been an eye opener to me how teams like Napoli and Villareal, that are not regarded as top european teams, are so much better than most PL teams.

We're top of the league, but apart from Spurs, have played fairly mediocre teams. We need to tighten up if we're to progress both in the CL and EPL

We also learned that Bobby knows how to celebrate a winning goal!

things we have learnt from tonight

stavros said:
We have character.
We are still coming to terms with the champs league
We are a better side with Barry
Yaya is better in an advanced role
Dzeko is a confidence player (masively)
Silva is human
Milner is in scary form and MUST start the derby
Clichy and richards must start our must win games???
We can still qualify

WE ARE CITY
SUPER CITY
WE ARE CITY
FROM MAINE ROAD
Agree with every point but i would certainly not start Milner . You would have to drop aguero

Balti said:
Good substitution by Bobby taking off Johnno. it worked as YaYa bombed forward and changed the dynamic but unfortunately he wasn't at his best once there! Dzeko let down by his first touch and passing. Nasri a passenger in my book and the game was crying out for Aguero who finally managed to beat the offside trap.

Plus points:

1/ Came back from behind
2/ Beat a decent team that defended in depth - again
3/ Played to the whistle for a change and got our reward. We won with a last minute goal FFS. Another barrier
My motm was the tireless never say die Zabba who set up the winner Zabba.

Not a great game but a great result and a great climax to the game. I did actually climax. Apologies to the bloke in front.

Bring on the rags.
and not lost ever in champs league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.