Post match Discussion Thread City v Villarreal

We beat one of the top teams in Spain a few days before a massive derby playing at about 50% of our capability, I'd say it's happy days blues..... oh and we're top of the league in case anybody had forgotten.

Dirtymindz said:
Some of the negativity is un fucking real . Positives from this game are weigh more then any so far this season.
93rd min goal gives this team a belief that was not there before, the results of this game out weight anything else for our future games. This belief will go into every time we would need to really score a goal we know we can , This goal will be the catalyst to many late goals we will be scoring from now on.
Also Champions league is not a league its a tournament, the best cricketing teams are brilliant in one on one series but such in cups prime e.g Eng. But a tournament is won based on momentum, you could steam through the group stages and get out done in first knock out being over confident. It's about peaking at the rite time, this victory will have a special meaning to all the players n manager as we saw. Character comes out best when your backs are against the wall this win has taken this team to another level.
well said... this win is very important for the future!!! We cant see that now... and we can as usual dissect every part of the game to the last second but the character will only be measured in the long run... wins like this build a winning mentality!! It wasnt pretty but extremely emotional and draining match to watch... but the release of joy in the final second was so intense!!!

I thought it was complete dross mostly last night but somehow we got the 3 points and that's most important.

The quality of our passing was way below the standard we're capable of and we just seemed to have a collective mind-set that we need to play at half-speed in the CL. Villarreal are not a top Spanish side at the moment and weren't much better than Aston Villa. But they were disciplined and played offside very well. I think we were caught offside more times last night than the rest of the games we've played this season so far put together.

Their goal came as a result of mistakes from 3 players who are normally so reliable, which summed up last night. One thing that really annoyed me was how lackadaisical were were even in the last few minutes. The worst example was when we got a goalkick and Hart wanted to take it quickly but all four defenders were strolling in the penalty area when they should have been racing out to give him the short-ball option he'd been playing all night. It was as though they'd settled for the point and that one moment, for me, summed up that we've still got some way to go. Thought the initial selection was odd. I'm not sure AJ is good enough for that level yet and Yaya is so much better up the field (although he was relatively poor last night, particularly with his passing).

But that goal could be so, so important to us in so many ways. Let's learn from it and use it as a springboard.

kiam06 said:
We beat one of the top teams in Spain a few days before a massive derby playing at about 50% of our capability, I'd say it's happy days blues..... oh and we're top of the league in case anybody had forgotten.
Actually they are struggling in Spain this year which is why I was expected to be a sure win

johnny crossan said:
What was all that aggro about after the final whistle - stewards scuffling with Villareal players trying to get at the ref and tv cameras chasing after Silva on his way off?
They thought the goal was offside. I must admit that on watching it on TV when I got home I thought they might have had a point. I'm not sure Aguero or Silva were ever onside at any point during the move apart from when the ball came in from Zab but I'd need to have a closer look. I'm pretty sure he was in an offside position when the ball went to Zab but it's so open to interpretation these days.

Prestwich_Blue said:
johnny crossan said:
What was all that aggro about after the final whistle - stewards scuffling with Villareal players trying to get at the ref and tv cameras chasing after Silva on his way off?
They thought the goal was offside. I must admit that on watching it on TV when I got home I thought they might have had a point. I'm not sure Aguero or Silva were ever onside at any point during the move apart from when the ball came in from Zab but I'd need to have a closer look. I'm pretty sure he was in an offside position when the ball went to Zab but it's so open to interpretation these days.

Didn't become active until the 2nd phase thus on side

Found this on another forum:
Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.