Post match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

A very pleasing game tonight. Borussia Monchengladbach was a tough opponent and they had a incredible crowd, but we played fairly well under pressure. The refs were pretty bad, and the 5th officials should have cleared our first goal at the first attempt. Both penalties were dubious. In our team, Kolarov continued his bad form. Kevin and Silva paired well today, and Aguero was denied by two great saves.
Aguero's penalty was clear cut. Took a kick. Very quick feet from him which did for the defender.

The pace we now have on both flanks is being surpressed by the lamentable amount of time it takes to turn defence into attack!
Better teams than BMG will have 2 lines of 4 + the more motivated strikers/wingers slowing our progress forward.
Only Kolorov moved the ball forward quickly enough tonight, gaining decent ground, which in turn, allowed the wide players to have
an occasional run at defenders.
Yaya can do this but unfortunately looked short on mobility tonight.
Must break out quicker or the pace we undoubtably have is wasted!

The obvious points:
That centre back pairing needs a lot of work - with Komps and Mangs in tonight I think we would have been far more comfortable.
Bringing on Fernando and Navas was the perfect example of not necessarily having the best players on the pitch - but having the right players on the pitch. Those two changed the shape of the game just when we needed it.
Oh , and the idea that Savage would ever have known how to play the game better than any of our players tonight just leaves me speechless!

Thing is Savage is a dream compared with Owen, McPointy and that Scottish twat on BT. At least Savage isn't a cheerleader for the oposition like the rest are. The rest NEVER have a good thing to say about City and criticize every City mistake to high heaven.

I think this result papers over the cracks a little, but I'll take it. Huge 3 points.

Our defending in Europe still worries me, we could have lost a lot more than 1 goal tonight. I still don't think we defend well enough as a team. Yaya can't play in that holding midfield pairing in the Champion's League, he needs replaced by Delph or Fernando for this competition. Preferably Delph.

My biggest hope is that penalty kickstarts Aguero's season.

Two games against Sevilla coming up now. I think we should be looking at 6 points from those 2 games, we need to top this group. Finishing second only to meet Barcelona, Bayern or Real Madrid in the Last 16 would be disappointing. We should be desperate for top spot in the group. Juventus will drop points, no doubt about that.

Well done Joe!!
  • ScentedBriefGlassfrog.gif

Thing is Savage is a dream compared with Owen, McPointy and that Scottish twat on BT. At least Savage isn't a cheerleader for the oposition like the rest are. The rest NEVER have a good thing to say about City and criticize every City mistake to high heaven.

He was a nightmare tonight, a total prick at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.