Post match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Hopefully that outrageous miss by the official behind the line will finally KO UEFAs now blatantly absurd argument that an official posted there is better than goal line tech.

Goal line tech spots that 100% of the time. If human eyes miss something as clear as that then way too many wrong decisions are going to occur. Nobody is going to be able to credibly argue against that. Not even Platini.

Happily this did not cost City but that was pure fortune and it will cost someone, somewhere until it is addressed.

So City finally will have made their mark in Europe and we should be using that (none) decision to push hard because it will be good PR for City in Europe to do on behalf of other clubs who might suffer in future when it would be easy for us to say, no matter, we scored anyway.

That should not be allowed to cover over the near catastrophic error not having goal line tech produced.

Tough, tough game in an intimidating atmosphere. Why can't we make the Etihad like that?

I've got to say injured or not Yaya isn't doing enough and if much rather let Fernando have a run in the team - and I never thought I'd say that! He seems much better now he's got over the injury he was carrying last season.

It's great that Sterling allows us to stretch teams but when he gets it he either just passed it short inside, waits for a runner or attempts a cross that half the time goes to the opponent.
Now is it just me thinking this or could anyone with a bit of pace do that? Who wouldn't cost £49m?! I think the maligned Navas is more effective. I just think he should have a bit more inventiveness to create or be more of a goal threat. And talk about powder puff. Gets knocked of the ball with ease. I'd rather Roberts is given his chance tbh.

Hopefully Kompany and Mangala will be back at the weekend, so too Zabaletta.

Our defending reminded me of the pre season Stuttgart game where the runners from midfield caused havoc. Kolarov looked good going forward but shit in defence.
With all our spending in the summer we have still not plugged that gap in front of the back four. Until we do our European exploits will be short lived.

Great spirit by the lads but kolarov needs to sort out his defending asap. Now we need to try and get at least 4 points of Sevilla. Great win though!

Good last 30 minutes but our general play tonight was a little worrying.

We were unlucky in the defeats to Juve and West Ham but against Spurs and tonight I thought we were disjointed and lost our shape defensively. We look lost without the ball and need to learn either to work harder to retrieve it or be more disciplined in our shape when we lose it. It's camacarzy defending and we will be punished if we don't sort it out.

It's all a bit slapstick and st this level our pants will be pulled down. But it's 3 points so onwards and upwards we go.

Hopefully that outrageous miss by the official behind the line will finally KO UEFAs now blatantly absurd argument that an official posted there is better than goal line tech.

Goal line tech spots that 100% of the time. If human eyes miss something as clear as that then way too many wrong decisions are going to occur. Nobody is going to be able to credibly argue against that. Not even Platini.

Happily this did not cost City but that was pure fortune and it will cost someone, somewhere until it is addressed.

So City finally will have made their mark in Europe and we should be using that (none) decision to push hard because it will be good PR for City in Europe to do on behalf of other clubs who might suffer in future when it would be easy for us to say, no matter, we scored anyway.

That should not be allowed to cover over the near catastrophic error not having goal line tech produced.

Collina has stated in the past that it's also a practical issue, in putting goal-line tech into every team's nets for both the CL and Europa, when many of those teams will only need it for 1 game and may only be in the competition for 1 season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.