Post match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Hopefully that outrageous miss by the official behind the line will finally KO UEFAs now blatantly absurd argument that an official posted there is better than goal line tech.

It would have to be Barca or Real denied an obvious goal, likely against an English team, for there to be a real think from UEFA about it.

Well thank fuck we got away with that one.

We need to sort ourselves out or we are heading for a disaster. If we defend like that at the swamp, we are fucked. Hopefully Kompany & Mangala will soon be fit & Serge will gain a bit of confidence from that pen, because he's like Rufus Smalls at the moment.

The trouble with these Champions League teams is they have an unfair advantage as they are employing tactics.

There was a moment when Silva linked up nicely with De Bruyne and when he attempted a pull back he had Aguero and Sterling lining up to score. If that is a sign of things to come then I am extremely excited about the prospect of 'The Fab 4'

I didn't notice but when their attacker was booked for diving when Fernandinho withdrew his challenge in the area, my brother spotted the lino in pink beside the goal tap the ball towards a spot kick for a penalty which the referee commendably didn't award. The same fucker didn't spot that Demichellis's strike was more than a foot over the goal line even though he had the perfect position to see it. I'm glad Otamendi's strike was true and ended up in the net otherwise City would have been unfairly shafted again.

Phew!! That was a nail biter..
Still wouldn't be the same without a bit of cheating..

Well done a wins a win no matter what..

Sound turned down watching the game BT need a rethink..

I thought some were exaggerating about the MD goal but after seeing it, eff me, how could an official on the goal line miss that?? Not qualified to ref my kid's U8 much less CL. Goal line technology should be implemented tomorrow. If Otamendi doesn't put the follow up in we lose 2 points because of that. What the actual fuck?

Tough, tough game in an intimidating atmosphere. Why can't we make the Etihad like that?

I've got to say injured or not Yaya isn't doing enough and if much rather let Fernando have a run in the team - and I never thought I'd say that! He seems much better now he's got over the injury he was carrying last season.

It's great that Sterling allows us to stretch teams but when he gets it he either just passed it short inside, waits for a runner or attempts a cross that half the time goes to the opponent.
Now is it just me thinking this or could anyone with a bit of pace do that? Who wouldn't cost £49m?! I think the maligned Navas is more effective. I just think he should have a bit more inventiveness to create or be more of a goal threat. And talk about powder puff. Gets knocked of the ball with ease. I'd rather Roberts is given his chance tbh.

Hopefully Kompany and Mangala will be back at the weekend, so too Zabaletta.

Much needed.

The team is missing goals now bar Aguero IMO. Barca have 3 goal threats, Bayern have 2-3 goal threats, Real Madrid have 3, City are mostly Aguero and play makers (Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling.)

For the first time in a while that reallyyyy tested all my patience, frustration & nerves!
Shame Kun didn't score that chance Sterling put on a plate for him early on, but he was doing the right things and the pen will help him return to the class act he is.

Joey was bloody wonderful tonight, my MOTM by a mile. Well done lad. He should be captain when Vinnie isn't playing. WHY isn't he?
I'm going to put my neck on the line with praise for Fernando, he has seemed better since returning from injury, hope he becomes a good solid player for us.

With all the crap decisions we have to endure every game , we deserved some good fortune to come out of that game with a win.

I don't like to lay into our players but my god Kolarov is just not good enough at defending, please Mr Shiek may we have a top quality LB next season? ☺️ I cringe when teams target his side cos it's just too easy.

Well done blues, let's go again, against the Barcodes :)

We have a couple of players whose forte is not tracking back, in fact they show ill disguised resentment for the task but have undoubted talent going forward. Toure and Kolarov. The manager is content to bear this deficiency and accept the consequences of the opposition exploiting this weakness in the hope that these players benefit us enough attacking the opposition. Not Mourinho like, not scientific and often infuriating but I honestly prefer Pellegrini's management style. This is on the back of a win, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.