Post match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

I watched all of the game and I actually thought that we were not that bad considering the injuries ect, not a brilliant performance granted and I do wish people would stop coming out with the old cliche " if we would have played any decent side they would have destroyed us" its pathetic we play what is in front of us every team is a decent team on their day

Good man you Ducado. I agree. On we go, a hop, a skip and a jump into Saturdays game. Beat Newcastle and reflect on a good response from the anomaly of last weekend. The team and formation are evolving, just wait be patient, this is the best team/squad any of us have ever seen and its only ever going to get better.

In Europe its all about the result, IF we end up progressing (and avoiding Barca) to the last 16 then to the last 8 (I know I know dont get ahead of myself its all theoretic) do you think anyone will give a shit that MGB tore through our defence a number of times. This back 4 are only playing together becasue injuries demand it MDM looked like a 36 year old man, Ottamendi was very very good in my opinion.

Onto my gripe, I genuinely believe Yaya should be left out of our champions league games, the 2 Ferns offer much better cover in front of our centre halfs allowing the front 4 and 2 full backs to cause problems up the other end, defensively and positionally Yaya simply isnt good enough to play behind that front 4 in Europe.

All said and done an excellent result, on to Sevilla!!

It's funny the split between the fans here. Some who've forgotten about the city of old are often unhappy and angry because they quite rightly expect us to do better in Europe with the players with have. Others, and I'd count myself amongst them still have to pinch themselves when they see that city are challenging for the league and the CL. I can easily forgive us for bad performances because I'm just still grateful considering where we were a decade or so ago. I guess that will change more as I forget how crap we used to be

In Europe its all about the result, IF we end up progressing (and avoiding Barca) to the last 16 then to the last 8 (I know I know dont get ahead of myself its all theoretic) do you think anyone will give a shit that MGB tore through our defence a number of times. This back 4 are only playing together becasue injuries demand it MDM looked like a 36 year old man, Ottamendi was very very good in my opinion.

Onto my gripe, I genuinely believe Yaya should be left out of our champions league games, the 2 Ferns offer much better cover in front of our centre halfs allowing the front 4 and 2 full backs to cause problems up the other end, defensively and positionally Yaya simply isnt good enough to play behind that front 4 in Europe.

All said and done an excellent result, on to Sevilla!!

I must have been watching a completely different game to you cos for me otamendi looked like mangala last season.. I was nervous whenever the ball went near him

I must have been watching a completely different game to you cos for me otamendi looked like mangala last season.. I was nervous whenever the ball went near him
City did very well to win with a new centre-back pairing.

Bonus to win and Otamendi to get more game time

not bad performance,and a win is a WIN,especially away against a strong German side.... The fantastic atmosphere would be a good lesson for all of us...After all ,we're the noisy neighbours

Shockingly naive.

I'm sure we have a tactical plan somewhere but it is making seriously top players look like fucking amateurs.

Sort it Manuel, before someone else has to.
The solution is staring everybody in the face. It's Yaya Toure. Lazy. You can't win football matches without your centre mids doing their job. He leaves the team completely open. IF Pep comes he goes.

He presses the ball really well, forces attackers to go back, his only real mistake (barring the ridiculous penalty award) was when he'd actually forced Raffael to go back to his central midfielder then thought his job was done, lost concentration for a second and let Raffael run off the back of him but Hart bailed him out with another good save.

He's probably the most composed and capable of our 4 centre halfs on the ball so I dont quite understand the nervousness when the ball goes near him point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.