Post match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

but you are ignoring the fact that we gained control once he went off and fernando came on, the game wasn't so open
yes they scored in the second half but that was one of very few attacks they had second half
we were far more compact and had shape which was needed

That's complete revisionist history because we scored from a corner and penalty. We didn't have any control whatsoever until we scored and then they crumbled like we did vs Juve.

Is Yaya a problem is Europe? Yep, but he isn't the main problem and him going off was nothing to do with why we won.

You have a very basic understanding of the game if you think he's the biggest of our problems defensively.

The biggest difference in Europe is that we don't defend as a tactically organised unit like the elite teams do. Those that think this is simply down to Yaya and that replacing him with someone else will solve our issues are living in cloud cuckoo land.

When Barca lose the ball every player they have instantly becomes a defender. They press from the front with players like Messi, Suarez and Neymar running around like Paul Dickov and forcing the opposition into making mistakes.

Since we don't defend from the front in the same way, we often leave ourselves exposed to a 1v1 defence vs attack situation.

We aren't great at the other end either. We constantly slow the play down favouring retaining possession over trying to move the ball forward quickly. Net effect, the opposition have time to get organised and we end up playing in front of ten defenders. Better teams in Europe are much more direct, opening up opponents with fast passing and movement. Barring the odd exception, we hardy ever seem to do this.

And another thing, when did we last win a free kick from which we could shoot or score? We've stopped running at defenders and often we just pass it around harmlessly amongst us whilst the opponents watch. Great for the possession stats but fuck all use if you want to score goals.

What a roller coaster of a game. Absolute shambles in the first half but much better in the 2nd. If Kun takes either chance in the first 15 mins it's a very different game but he will get his sharpness back and when he does we will see a very different player.

I woke up this morning and first thing I though of was that 4thofficial behind the goal. How can he not of given that???? I then thought about this place if we hadn't scored, the Armageddon of blue moon meltdowns. That would of definitely been it for me.

That's complete revisionist history because we scored from a corner and penalty. We didn't have any control whatsoever until we scored and then they crumbled like we did vs Juve.

Is Yaya a problem is Europe? Yep, but he isn't the main problem and him going off was nothing to do with why we won.

You have a very basic understanding of the game if you think he's the biggest of our problems defensively.

give over with revisionist nonsense, we were far better second half once fernando was on, you make it sound it was all gladbach getting knackered on the hour the sole reason we got back in the game
we sorted out our tactics for the second half and stopped being so open

Last I am going to say on this game, I am just your average City fan I am glad that we won the game, I appreciate that some people have some concerns with the overall performance but there are reasons particularly the defence, we move on to the next game which is always the hardest game, it really does seem to me that some people are disappointed that we won the game are belittling the achievement in beating BMG away

I am not saying it was a good performance but it was a victory nonetheless

but you are ignoring the fact that we gained control once he went off and fernando came on, the game wasn't so open
yes they scored in the second half but that was one of very few attacks they had second half
we were far more compact and had shape which was needed
It was though. Where was Fernando (or Fernandinho) for their goal? It was a wide open midfield, Kolarov's run narrow and the two centre halves dropping too deep that opened up huge spaces that allowed their man a free cross and a free shot on goal.

It was only Gladbach's change in tactics that allowed us to gain control of the game. Whether they were tiring or just wanted to sit on their lead, either way, it played into our hands as most weeks in the Prem we play against a team who sits back. Then we started to grow in confidence and we were much calmer and doing more of the right things as we had more time on the ball and more time to adjust when we lost it.

Last I am going to say on this game, I am just your average City fan I am glad that we won the game, I appreciate that some people have some concerns with the overall performance but there are reasons particularly the defence, we move on to the next game which is always the hardest game, it really does seem to me that some people are disappointed that we won the game are belittling the achievement in beating BMG away

I am not saying it was a good performance but it was a victory nonetheless
I'm not sure that's true mate. I just think that when we're so wide open people are just looking ahead to Madrid Bayern Barca and thinking "well that's where we're going out".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.