Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also please for the love of God when we begin to look flacid, slow, predictable, don't persist with Nasri-Silva-Yaya combo, please!!!

I love all three of these players but I think you are so right about this. I wonder if the fact that all have played together for so many years sort of lulls the whole of their collective work downward. Sort of a reverse synergy, where their familiarity with one another leads to all those slow, short, lateral/rearward passes.

Laughing at him? Better than anything we had plus he had one assist
I didn't think he did anything that special. I thought if anything City had the midfield under control. Fernandinho was the best midfielder, and maybe Silva. Pogba and Morata did well for their goals, but overall he didn't have a great game.

Great assist by Pogba but how was he allowed to put that ball in?. Nobody any where near him. He had all the time in the world to line up the perfect cross. Sagna, Fernandinho, Nasri and Yaya all asleep.
The second goal was just a brilliant strike.

Has someone hypnotised our players? Because when they hear that CL "anthem" the swashbuckling team we see in the PL seemingly turn into a team that look like rabbits caught in the headlights. We are slow, technically poor, indecisive, unable to see a game out. It was like they'd gone back in time to last season, or the season before.

Why the fuck can't we go out and do what we did to teams like Everton, Chelsea & Crystal Palace instead of being scared?

Same old, not learning from the past.

The problem started with the selection. Nasri created a big imbalance which Juve exploited throughout. The trio of Yaya, Silva and Nasri didn't have the agility or energy to do the work needed to press Juve in, it was a constant out ball and free escape for them and they exploited it. It also enabled them to knacker our 3 key players and exploit it at the end by running through, they wore us down and we cracked, because it was the wrong team on the pitch. Our success this season has been based on 2 quick wide men who pin their full backs, and in each game we quickly pick the side that is weakest and hammer it. Today, we only had Sterling, and Juve doubled teamed him out of the game, the other side was merely a Juve escape valve. We were so slow, sideways and one-paced, it was back to the worst of last season.

Juve tamed us, and controlled us for most of the game. We were oddly at an advantage at 0-0 because whilst they tested the waters with our weaknesses, they were clearly happy with a draw. Once we went ahead, they had to go for it, and they picked us off. The defence collapsed, the lack of pace, energy and hard work shone through as Juve scored 2 soft goals. It was a problem in the making from minute 1 and was exacerbated when he didn't sure it up by immediately bringing De Bruyne on for Nasri and Fernando on for probably Silva or Sterling at 1-0 to sure it up, he ballsed it up and cost us the game, although the players have to take responsibility for a lazy, lacklustre performance.

Not learnt their lessons, and I'm pissed off because of it. An inexcusable loss, with an even more inexcusable performance. Not on, and they better remedy it, made the group really difficult now, need a result in Seville or Turin now.

Pelle got it wrong, and it's unacceptable 3 seasons in, when it's the same old shit from his first season.

I expect a backlash on Saturday, I expect us to march away with the league from here, get through the carling cup and win the group from here. We're meant to be an elite club now, so we need to act like it on all fronts, tonight was an embarrassment that the top 3 (Bayern, Barca, Real) would not accept and would remedy it immediately, so should we, that's the standard now, no excuses.

All season we have played with 2 wingers. We struggled against Palace when Pellers went 442 and when Aguero went off and we played with 2 wingers we looked much better.

So our first CL game and we play Nasri wide. I just don't get it
It worked, or it would have done had we taken our chances. We were the better team so it doesn't make sense to blame tactics. We should have taken the game to 2-0 instead they are back in it at 1-1 when we looked in total control

Utter fucking nonsense. He was marked out of the game but still provided the odd moment. At times like that the other players need to step up. They didn't. The fault for this is not on Silva.
Nonsense. The best player on the team should be the matchwinner in these big games. Silva has never been that player for us. When has he ever won us a game like Nasri did at Roma last season. More should be expected out of him.

Has someone hypnotised our players? Because when they hear that CL "anthem" the swashbuckling team we see in the PL seemingly turn into a team that look like rabbits caught in the headlights. We are slow, technically poor, indecisive, unable to see a game out. It was like they'd gone back in time to last season, or the season before.

Why the fuck can't we go out and do what we did to teams like Everton, Chelsea & Crystal Palace instead of being scared?
I thought we were OK apart from in front of goal. Much better than in the defeats v Dortmund and Bayern when we were decidedly 2nd best.

Juve are better than Everton and Palace.

Nonsense. The best player on the team should be the matchwinner in these big games. Silva has never been that player for us. When has he ever won us a game like Nasri did at Roma last season. More should be expected out of him.
If you had put Messi in that midfield he'd have struggled to make any impression. There was zero space and time. Totally different game to Premiership football

Nah, Stony had it right. If you think Silva has never been a match winner for us and are citing Nasris one game where he was, then you're talking a load of bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.