Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked, or it would have done had we taken our chances. We were the better team so it doesn't make sense to blame tactics. We should have taken the game to 2-0 instead they are back in it at 1-1 when we looked in total control
But it wasn't working from an attacking stand point. The opportunities we had came from Sterling on the left, FUCK ALL from Nasri on the right or 20-25yard shots.

Defensively not having a winger that tracks back cost us as Nasri didn't even attempt to get back when Juve worked the cross for the goal. If anything taking Sterling off sacrificed the good work we had on the left. Madness taking him off instead of Nasri

Nonsense. The best player on the team should be the matchwinner in these big games. Silva has never been that player for us. When has he ever won us a game like Nasri did at Roma last season. More should be expected out of him.
Have you ever watched City play?

Oh yeah... The way juventus celebrated at the end... :s
Did they win the UCL tonight?
They were the pot 1 team, so in theory they would expect their most difficult fixture to be away against the pot 2 team. They won their most difficult fixture even though they have looked poor in Serie A. Hence the celebrations.

But it wasn't working from an attacking stand point. The opportunities we had came from Sterling on the left, FUCK ALL from Nasri on the right or 20-25yard shots.

Defensively not having a winger that tracks back cost us as Nasri didn't even attempt to get back when Juve worked the cross for the goal. If anything taking Sterling off sacrificed the good work we had on the left. Madness taking him off instead of Nasri

Completely agree. I do not exaggerate when I say that as soon as Pelligrini made that sub I looked at my mate sitting next to me and said these exacts words: "well, that's it, we're going to lose."

How Nasri was left on when everyone could see he was having a horrific game is beyond me.

Nonsense. The best player on the team should be the matchwinner in these big games. Silva has never been that player for us. When has he ever won us a game like Nasri did at Roma last season. More should be expected out of him.

Silva not matchwinner?! OK he doesn't get the goals but take out all his assists and general play over the last few years and we'd have struggled big time! One of our most consistent players!

Like blooming ground hog day again .
Although the chances we had ,we should have won that comfortably .
Juventus weren't brilliant and that's the frustrating thing about tonight .

I thought we were OK apart from in front of goal. Much better than in the defeats v Dortmund and Bayern when we were decidedly 2nd best.

Juve are better than Everton and Palace.
We did OK for 60 minutes but just OK and nothing more. We missed good chances to kill the game certainly. But it was the total capitulation after we were 1-0 up that infuriated me. We should be able to manage the game at this level but we again failed to defend a lead. Navas should have been on for Nasri, in order to give us more width and better defensive capability. We always look vulnerable down the flank when Nasri's on. Put Navas there, keep the midfield tight and close to the defence then look for the break as they come forward. Not sure exactly what happened for the second goal but for the first, Silva gave the ball away needlessly (and he did that a few times tonight) and 30 seconds later it's in the back of the net.

Subs: Surely Pellers replaced Sterling rather than Nasri as he didn't want two wingers meaning our midfield being overrun as it has been so often in the CL.

Silva not matchwinner?! OK he doesn't get the goals but take out all his assists and general play over the last few years and we'd have struggled big time! One of our most consistent players!
No he's never been that player for us in our big games. It's usually Kun or Yaya winning us those ties. We all know he's crucial to our style of play in the final third but he's never been a matchwinner for us. Only game I remember him taking by the scruff of the neck is Liverpool away in 13/14 (which ended up being wasted mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.