Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even before we got the goal it was blatantly obvious Silva was not fit, and any pace down the right would have caused Evra problems. We got the goal, but the manager was too slow to react and made the wrong calls, IMHO this was down to the manager.

Started off in 128. Moved around at half time meet someone in 104 and it was fucking full of them there.

Security said jack shit. Didn't blow but wasn't far off.

Probably, but they had Barca last season in the group and beat Barca 3-2 at Paris and gave good account of themselves at Camp Nou, even went ahead and almost won the group, so...

Yeah we beat Bayern away 3-2 but mainly they've had a far easier groups

It was always going to be a close game against last years finalists and run away champions of Italy and by god they can defend. I think our game plan was to keep it tight and not get caught on the break and its very fine margins. They took their few chances and we didnt. If Sterling scored to put us 2 up then the game would have been won. Disapointing again, so many under performed but 5 defeats in 9 games at home in the CL shows we get stagefright or something about this competition.

At 1.1 Pellegrini was about to bring Navas on to give us some width and to get behind Juve..the right change.. Before he makes that substitution, juve score again...... So we still need a goal and the width....but he changes his mind and brings Kun on.
How are we supposed to get the ball to either Kun or Bony, without the width... No point in pinging the ball from the back with the strikers backing into their defenders... The ball needed pulling back from the byline ( not saying Navas is the best at this)
Poor by Pellegrini.... He had obviously spotted the problem, but then panicked.
All is not lost..... But we really now need to pick up all the points in Germany, finishing second in the group guarantees a Barca type opposition, if we qualify.
Sterling needs to improve his finishing....and Bony needs to up his game.....but we were still unlucky to lose this match.

At the moment we are 3rd in the group - How do you think we can finish second ? - then qualify for the next round.?.
We might beat Borussia but not Seville.

This is Sevilla - record in Tounaments - and they won 3-0 tonight.,City will have to produce much better to grab 2nd in this group.

International tournaments
Winners (4) – record: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2013–14, 2014–15
Winners (1): 2006
Runners-up (3): 2007, 2014, 2015

Feel like I've bumped into some bubble jacket wearing juve ultra, squared up to the shithouse and chased him round a corner to find he's got 5 of his mates waiting for me with blades.

They did a proper Italian job on us there tonight.

1st goal felt very sloppy (got goal side of mangala) and as good a finish as the second goal was I thought otamendi got caught flat footed and the shot should've never have come in.

Left feeling very frustrated...

In terms of performance I thought we were so so. Poor in the 2nd half but we still had enough chances and that is basically the problem. At this level you have to take your opportunities and we are not doing that.

Juve had 3 chances and scored twice.

We have given ourselves yet another mountain to climb in this competition

Sagna MOTM for me, in BPL he had Navas support but this game he was playing alone on his side and did more than Nasri offensively.

Every teams in CL have 4 DC on their list ? because i think we should have pick Kelechi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.