Post match thread - City v Newcastle

Fernando had a good game. Some great interceptions and played well throughout.

I thought we were OK in the 1st half although MOTD managed to reduce the 1st half to a succession of Newcastle chances when we were pressing as well.

We just moved up a level when we got the 2nd and the confidence flooded through the team. First time passing and great movement. You can't defend against that and Shearer gave no credit to City for that - just hammered Newcastle as if it was their fault. Someone was going to kop that, but didn't expect it to be Saturday given European game

Brilliant today, was settling in for a long day after their goal but what a 2nd half!
On that showing KDB needs to start on the left. His passing range and interplay with Silva from there is incredible. Either Sterling could be moved to the right or Navas could start but KBD is completely wasted on the right

He fails to mention their goal was fortunate (Their left back kicks it against Zab and Mangala's interception falls to a Newcastle player) They really didn't create another threatening chance. Once we stepped our intensity up we dominated them, lovely football from Silva, De Bruyne, Ferna & Aguero.

Apart from the offside goals and one that hart saved to keep us in it? Their goal wasn't fortunate, it was bad defending.

We played too slow again in the first half. Once we stepped it up they couldn't live with us.

Newcastle had previously drew 1-1 against United an Chelsea and I think the game plan was to keep it at that and perhaps try and nick a goal but when we went n front they had no plan b and fell apart

I hope Fernando keeps his place, he's looked really good lately. Fernandinho too. Dare I say Yaya ought to be treading the line very carefully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.