Post Match Thread: City vs Boro

rnblade said:
If our display is similar against the chavs, we will get torn apart. We could be staring down the barrel of a real beating which could damage us beyond repair.
The chavs will be looking to smash the next team in front of them, unfortunately, that's us!
We got away with it for the last couple of games.
I don't see us getting away with it at Chelsea.
The players need to produce the goods on the pitch instead of talking a good game, actually produce one!

How did it "we get away with it for the last couple of games" given that we lost them both, at home, 0 - 2?

BringBackSwales said:
rnblade said:
If our display is similar against the chavs, we will get torn apart. We could be staring down the barrel of a real beating which could damage us beyond repair.
The chavs will be looking to smash the next team in front of them, unfortunately, that's us!
The players need to produce the goods on the pitch instead of talking a good game, actually produce one!

How did it "we get away with it for the last couple of games" given that we lost them both, at home, 0 - 2?

By getting away with it, I meant we weren't battered when we could so easily have conceded 4 or 5.

BringBackSwales said:
rnblade said:

Thought Chelsea have the 2nd leg of their cup midweek game vs. Liverpool .... ?

whp.blue said:
A few things that became apparent yesterday

Our defenders cannot play out of position ie Kompany on the right and Boyata on the pitch

Milner 's best position certainly not in the middle: he in fact is only any good when he has 9 better players than him on the pitch

Aguero ans Dzeko are nowhere near being fit

Fernando needs another defensive mid to plat with him

Silva cannot win games on his own we are missing Nasri

You can get jet lag flying from the middle east

Pellegrini has just blown his best chance of Silverware

correct.

de niro said:
whp.blue said:

Our defenders cannot play out of position ie Kompany on the right and Boyata on the pitch

Milner 's best position certainly not in the middle: he in fact is only any good when he has 9 better players than him on the pitch

correct.

Indeed. And the morning after, it is what is still rankling the most with me. Some of the big teams out and we could have gone all the way.
Mind you, we have been knocked out of cups by Wigan x2, Aston Villa, Newcastle and Boro most recently so we can lose to any old bang average lot.

rnblade said:
BringBackSwales said:
rnblade said:

By getting away with it, I meant we weren't battered when we could so easily have conceded 4 or 5.

I'm calling bullshit on that. We deserved to lose both games but we could've been 2 or 3 up at half-time yesterday and while Arsenal did a job on us they weren't 4 or 5 goals better than us and neither were 'Boro.

What I want to know is how we nearly always get what we deserve when we play poorly yet our friends a few miles up the road routinely win games despite playing worse than we did yesterday and last Sunday.

de niro said:
whp.blue said:

correct.

Agree with everything on here Bob, however, I work for Etihad and fly now and then for work. When you fly business class, which the players did, trust me when I say the flight they were on there is no issue or major jet lag and the time difference is only 4 hours right now, which most of us (working at the airline) never have had an issue with, not that we are used to it.

The players may have felt a little off as I saw Navas before the game in the warm up room and he looked half asleep... but flying business on a midday flight should have been no issue. Time difference? If that was the case, then kick off for the players would be 7pm... no big issue i think.

If we had not lost vs. Arsenal I would believe the Abu Dhabi flight was also big reason, but we just have been way way off and someone told me Joe Hart said something about not needing to win this competition... so I really believe the biggest reason for losing last 2 home games is:

No Yaya
No in form Ageuro or other striker

Any other reason is completely fringe.

SuperSilva said:
de niro said:
whp.blue said:

correct.

Agree with everything on here Bob, however, I work for Etihad and fly now and then for work. When you fly business class, which the players did, trust me when I say the flight they were on there is no issue or major jet lag and the time difference is only 4 hours right now, which most of us (working at the airline) never have had an issue with, not that we are used to it.

The players may have felt a little off as I saw Navas before the game in the warm up room and he looked half asleep... but flying business on a midday flight should have been no issue. Time difference? If that was the case, then kick off for the players would be 7pm... no big issue i think.

If we had not lost vs. Arsenal I would believe the Abu Dhabi flight was also big reason, but we just have been way way off and someone told me Joe Hart said something about not needing to win this competition... so I really believe the biggest reason for losing last 2 home games is:

No Yaya
No in form Ageuro or other striker

Any other reason is completely fringe.

I was on the flight and the standard where we were was fantastic from Etihad,I am hoping to go again next season.

The players in First Class had excellent facilities and to suggest that this affected the result is nonsense in my opinion.They trained the morning before they got on the plane and they like us just watched films etc during the journey I assume.

On landing they then went to CFA for the evening and direct to the ground from here prior to the game.

As you say I think other factors at play but certainly not the flight.

Do you think there is a bit of arrogance on the part of the manager and the team in relation to these matches ?

It seems like we just expect to win - as if it's a given. When we go one behind the team look shocked, and up the work rate for a while. When things get worse they looked stunned. We just got away with it with Sheffield but not yesterday. When it went to 2-2 against Burnley members of the team just looked at each other as if to say "How has this happened" but didn't have any way to deal with it.

Going 2 up against Burnley and we couldn't deal with it. Going 2 down against Arsenal and Boro and we couldn't deal with it.

To slow to one dimensional no plan b teams have sused us out now prevent silver and that's us fooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.