Post Match Thread: City vs Boro

Yesterday was a shit result, missing fire n passion amongst the players.
Defence was shocking n as already said on here, key players look rusty!

Was gutted yesterday after match but we gotta move on and get on with it n focus on wats coming up.
Yes I love the winning of trophies it's fuckin brilliant after the shit we as fans have witnessed growing up, BUT, we have to put wats happened behind us n focus on wats important now, pl n cl.......
Remember wen we were shit n however hard it was we still shown the passion in us as fans to get behind out players no matter wat!

We're not invincible

Onwards n upwards blues.
CTID

Danielmanc said:
Do you think there is a bit of arrogance on the part of the manager and the team in relation to these matches ?

It seems like we just expect to win - as if it's a given. When we go one behind the team look shocked, and up the work rate for a while. When things get worse they looked stunned. We just got away with it with Sheffield but not yesterday. When it went to 2-2 against Burnley members of the team just looked at each other as if to say "How has this happened" but didn't have any way to deal with it.

Going 2 up against Burnley and we couldn't deal with it. Going 2 down against Arsenal and Boro and we couldn't deal with it.

I'm beginning to think that this is Plan B. When we are not two or three up by HT and on course to hand someone an almighty battering, it seems that the players think that because they have inflated pay packets, every facility known to football man, the opposition will kow-tow to the inevitable. On the contrary, every man, jack, charlie and Aitor will prize our scalp more than anyone's. That win yesterday will do more for Boro's season than the next six shitty points they get.

biggest disappointment of the season for me, totally underestimated a well organised, motivated Middlesbrough side, who had plenty of quality.

Treating cup games has a way of cheering up fringe players, and keeping them interested is fine if they are good enough, but not if we keep losing in the domestic cups.

the managers job is to pick a team to win a match, and he has failed miserably.

the substitutions are just baffling we are facing a packed 18 yard box, and he is takes all the width out of the side, and brings on a 6 foot 4 striker, so we become more condensed with even fewer options.

and why does Fernando keep committing to balls he cannot win, and ending up the wrong side of a player, exposing the back four time and time again, who is scouting these players?

I don't like to take anything away from Middlesbrough, but the truth is we are being beaten by teams who wouldn't get one player on our bench, to happen once may be lucky, but their is a pattern emerging which is not being rectified, and for the investment it is nowhere near good enough.

Danielmanc said:
Do you think there is a bit of arrogance on the part of the manager and the team in relation to these matches ?

It seems like we just expect to win - as if it's a given. When we go one behind the team look shocked, and up the work rate for a while. When things get worse they looked stunned. We just got away with it with Sheffield but not yesterday. When it went to 2-2 against Burnley members of the team just looked at each other as if to say "How has this happened" but didn't have any way to deal with it.

Going 2 up against Burnley and we couldn't deal with it. Going 2 down against Arsenal and Boro and we couldn't deal with it.

We also went 1 down against an apparently impregnable Chelsea defence, 2-1 down to Bayern with 10 mins left, 1 down to Sheff Wed, behind twice to QPR, out-thought and outplayed Roma when few gave us a chance, etc. etc.

Let's not over-analyze. This is the same team that has clawed back from the dead more times than probably any other. We are still controlling possession, we are still creating chances, but somehow the goals are not going in. Yes our set-pieces and crosses leave a lot to be desired, but with all that, we are second 5 points behind the team who purportedly won the title 3 months ago in spite of that.

We need one good result (like the Bayern conclusion) and we will be back on track. The players won't be throwing in the towel until it's mathematically impossible - why would any of us?

I didn't go yesterday .
But boy am I glad .
I knew this game was going to be tricky .

whp.blue said:
A few things that became apparent yesterday

Our defenders cannot play out of position ie Kompany on the right and Boyata on the pitch

Milner 's best position certainly not in the middle: he in fact is only any good when he has 9 better players than him on the pitch

Aguero ans Dzeko are nowhere near being fit

Fernando needs another defensive mid to plat with him

Silva cannot win games on his own we are missing Nasri

You can get jet lag flying from the middle east

Pellegrini has just blown his best chance of Silverware

Milner best position is in the stand.

baildon blue said:
I didn't go yesterday .
But boy am I glad .

There's no point going to any game that might be tricky then, to get behind the team?

Juan King said:
baildon blue said:
I didn't go yesterday .
But boy am I glad .

There's no point going to any game that might be tricky then, to get behind the team?
Main reason I didn't go was work .
Anyway I was back City even when where poor .
You wont get a bigger blue than me in West Yorkshire .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.