Post Match Thread: City vs Boro

Silva's only problem is the players around him... he's our only creative player. It's not his fault that every other premier league side can see that if they mark him out of the game, we fall apart.

Ronaldo and Messi both have the luxury of having world class players around them.

Bar Yaya and Sergio, Silva really doesn't have much to work with. We've seen what he's capable of, the issue is getting everyone to pull their weight. It works well when Nasri is in form aswell as Toure. But as we know, Nasri is very much hit and miss.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Silva's only problem is the players around him... he's our only creative player. It's not his fault that every other premier league side can see that if they mark him out of the game, we fall apart.

Ronaldo and Messi both have the luxury of having world class players around them.

Bar Yaya and Sergio, Silva really doesn't have much to work with. We've seen what he's capable of, the issue is getting everyone to pull their weight. It works well when Nasri is in form aswell as Toure. But as we know, Nasri is very much hit and miss.

Nasri isn't hit and miss. Since his operation we've won 12 drew 2 and lost 2, he didn't play in either of the 2 losses. I wont say any more,

memo to Pellers Hart to Zabba Z abba to Kompany back to Demi / mangala back to Kompany to NAVAS Brought inside given to Fernando back to Kompany and then repeat 3-4 times with different personal but what ever you do don't for fuck sake have a shot Sorry Manuel am I boring you ? Well what the hell do we feel like oh while where at it tell your team for £100G A WEEK IT WOULD NICE IF WE CAN MANAGE TO EVADE THE FIRST MAN AT A CORNER SOME TIME THIS SEASON WILL DO

ManCitizens. said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:

Nasri isn't hit and miss. Since his operation we've won 12 drew 2 and lost 2, he didn't play in either of the 2 losses. I wont say any more,

Fair enough

What did my nut in today and last week was watching neither Fernando or Fernandinho ever look for the ball, when we have it just watch them they stroll about hands down by their sides almost saying don't even look at me. Fucking stupid having this and the Barca boy didn't have fucking centre mids like that at Barca...so why do we have two?. They come alive chasing the ball off opponents but fuck me they don't half not want it when we have it, other teams see it and know if you mark Silva tight we have nobody to feed the ball in to in the middle. The two Brazilians are shame to what Brazilian midfielders of the past once were

Well if we are depending on penalties while playing teams like boro, then you know we are pretty shite.

Another great weekend. Our loss in the FA Cup together with Chelsea, Southampton, Spurs and Swansea losing may have just given Van Gaal bladder or Brenda or Arsene Whinger the trophy.

Who of the 3 could you put up with the most winning it ? Fingers crossed for an all non Premier League Cup Final in May.

A loss next week v Chelsea and 3 defeats in a row would be a first for Pellegrini (and I think Mancini before him did not lose 3 in a row). After each low point (as with earlier struggles in the Champions League this season, overcoming 8 pts deficit to United in 2012, overcoming Brenda's Title winners last season, etc) we have over the past 3-4 seasons generally come back strong. Think this time though we may not come back from an 8 pt deficit to Chelsea and will not go on to beat Barcelona.

Maybe a crossroads for this current team.

Signings have been poor (Fernando, Mangala, Sagna, Caballero) and I still think our main weakness is in midfield. Fernando, Fernandinho have been poor and Toure is very good only when he is in the right mood.

Does Pellegrinn have final say on signings - I assume he did with Caballero this season and Denichelis last season, but what about the others ?

One bright spot for this weekend - the U18s beat Liverpool 3--2 at the CFA.

citymad said:
Juan King said:
ninjamonkey said:
Players like Navas and most of our midfield today bar Silva would get nowhere near Chelsea's team.

We could play any combination of players & I'm confident we wouldn't let in 4 goals against Bradford. Not sure why everyone keeps banging on about Chelsea.

We will destroy them next week!

On what basis ? Chelsea will put us in our place. As for today, we got what we deserve...nothing but a humiliation. Not playing a full strength defence against an excellent boro side was a disgrace, as was the clubs decision to go to the Middle East.

not sure about the middle east trip but i agree about the defence. EVERY single time he rotates the defence we crash out of a cup. ok we've fluked a couple of wins but thats what they were. flukes. i get that he wants to give players game time, he'll say "it's only fair" but its bleeding obvious they are simply not good enough when thrown in the deep end. vinny is our rock, our one world class centre back. he should not be moved from his position to accommodate boyata , or anyone else. you can also say that that side put out yesterday should beat boro. really? a team at the top of the championship, a team who have clearly gelled and have had the whole season to knit together and know each others game? i'm not sure, you then add in what we already know which is dowd is bent, we were never get a thing from him, when we do create a chance as seen yesterday stonewall penalties are waved away. manchester city simply have to factor in referees when pinning that team sheet up.
LVG has been barated for not strengthening his defence. we spend millions on our then dont play them. who is the bigger fool?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.