Post Match Thread | City vs Borussia Monchengladbach (14/09/16)

My buddy pointed out last week how much they seem to get along. So happy to see the chemistry developing. It's surreal. We've got..guardiola.. and its surpassing the hype? Chills.

There was a picture last week, after the Derby, of Sterling, Sane, Stones and Iheanacho who all played. It's scary to think that Stones was the oldest player there and he's 22.

Add Jesus, Denayer, Moreno and Roberts to that list and the future is looking ridiculously bright.

Absolutely unrelenting pressure, and confidence from City. Loved it. Though it has to be said, BMG were totally demoralised. Pep said they were a good team. They were very weak. I don't think they believed they could score. we had to make them think that though by our work rate and quality.

we've played weak teams in Europe and they have played the game of their lives and we've been overwhelmed by the occasion. Now we have a good manager, it's City that are rising to the occasion.

How did we ever find this so difficult?

We have to remember that this is the early stages. I have worked out yet whether BMG were terrible, or whether we were so good that BMG lost heart.

I don't think BMG were terrible like the scouse moron on BT was suggesting.
They were dismantled by a very good team tonight. Relentless pressure wore them down.
In the end they were just punch drunk.

I was gutted the match was postponed last night as I was so much looking forward to it which is something I've not felt or been able to say for the last 3 years.

Tonight was just something else, a thoroughly professional performance full of endeavour and panache. We made it look relatively easy against one of Germany's top teams and a team who have give Guardiola untold trouble in the past.

Brilliant hatrick from Kun and brilliant performances from Stones, Kolarov & Zabaleta. A special mention goes out to Gundogan on a brilliant first appearance for us and to my man of the match Fernandinho. He did all the simple things brilliantly which kept us ticking & out of danger. Sane looks a top prospect too and I can't wait until he and Gundogan hit peak match fitness.

At last I'm looking forward to & enjoying my football again! Thank you Pep! :-)

I thought BMG looked pretty nervous from the beginning which is great to see. If the teams are coming out like that then they are already half beaten. We lost a little purpose in the last 10 minutes of the first half but really pleasing to see us continue to play so well in the second half. Gundogan didn't disappoint and after a bit more game time he will be putting away one of his shots tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.