Post Match Thread | City vs Borussia Monchengladbach (14/09/16)

I was gutted the match was postponed last night as I was so much looking forward to it which is something I've not felt or been able to say for the last 3 years.

Tonight was just something else, a thoroughly professional performance full of endeavour and panache. We made it look relatively easy against one of Germany's top teams and a team who have give Guardiola untold trouble in the past.

Brilliant hatrick from Kun and brilliant performances from Stones, Kolarov & Zabaleta. A special mention goes out to Gundogan on a brilliant first appearance for us and to my man of the match Fernandinho. He did all the simple things brilliantly which kept us ticking & out of danger. Sane looks a top prospect too and I can't wait until he and Gundogan hit peak match fitness.

At last I'm looking forward to & enjoying my football again! Thank you Pep! :-)

Agree completely. That was as good as I've seen us play in years. I've never seen so many candidates for MotM in a game. Personally I went for Sterling, Fernandinho, Stones, Otters, KDB, Gundogan, Kolarov in that order, but it could have been any of them. When your star striker scores a hat trick and doesn't make your top 7 then you know it's been some performance. It's early doors I know, but Pep is exceeding my wildest expectations

My God....what the hell are we gonna be like to watch after Pep has had 5 or 6 months coaching this team. We knew he was great before but it is now dawning on me just what a special special manager Pep is.....and what a ride we are all in for.

My God....what the hell are we gonna be like to watch after Pep has had 5 or 6 months coaching this team. We knew he was great before but it is now dawning on me just what a special special manager Pep is.....and what a ride we are all in for.
Pep showing us now how most managers are taking money under false pretences !!

In a strange way the Aguero suspension has worked in our favour. He will be raring to go when he returns in a couple of weeks against spurs.

I agree with this. The ban is a blessing as we can rest Aguero and build Iheanacho up.

Fantastic, relentless high quality football. Forgive my ignorance but do not know much about Gladbach, seemed like they had some good players, but anybody got an idea where they would sit against a prem team i.e. Would they be top six, or top half, or even bottom half?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.