Post Match Thread | City vs Borussia Monchengladbach (14/09/16)

Well I quite enjoyed that. Scored twice in the first half, forced a couple of good saves and a goal-line clearance and might have had a penalty at 1-0. And Claudio showed it's not illegal to save down to the left.
Looked a bit sloppy after the break but never in any real danger, and we continued to make chances, and continued to make chances and made and took another couple of chances. Check the saves; it really could have been 8 tonight.
Sterling worked his balls off and had a great game. And it wasn't just the media slagging him off last season was it?
At least Leicester won so the media don't have to praise us.

Agree completely. That was as good as I've seen us play in years. I've never seen so many candidates for MotM in a game. Personally I went for Sterling, Fernandinho, Stones, Otters, KDB, Gundogan, Kolarov in that order, but it could have been any of them. When your star striker scores a hat trick and doesn't make your top 7 then you know it's been some performance. It's early doors I know, but Pep is exceeding my wildest expectations
At last we'll start to realise our full potential which has stagnated over the last 3 years. Even my 10 year old commented tonight that he can't believe this is near enough the same team as last season's aside from Stones & Gundogan & Bravo.

What Pep has done in such a short space of time is just fuckin unbelievable & frightening in equal measures........

Stunningly great performance at times. De Bruyne central to everything and was everywhere pulling the strings. Gundogan looks quality. Sane so composed. Sterling fantastic again, Stones, Kolarov. So many good performances. We need to get behind this tho. Cup crowds are getting better on the whole but too many blues swerve these games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.