Post Match Thread | City vs Borussia Monchengladbach (14/09/16)

Another fantastic performance and another step in the way Pep wants his team to play. It seemed that every single defender was allowed to play in midfield for parts. All taking turns with the brilliant Fernandinho to cover up.

Never expected Stones to play the way he started. Otamendi and Kolarov finding new life. Gundogan what a player and this is him being rusty. I can go on ...

Great to see so much joy between Sterling/Sane/Iheanacho after the final whistle. Our future. And it looks bright.

We played great under Mancini when we won the title. Same under Pellegrini when we did it again. Let's hope that this time it'll last a bit longer.

Have watched a rerun this morning (working last night), what gets me, is how simple it all looks, you have to count that we don't have more than 11 players on the pitch. They looked shell shocked by the end, and don't let the media kid us that they aren't very good. It was 4-0, but it could have been 7 or 8 at least, and they barely mustered a chance. I followed on the match thread, and it does tend to exaggerate how good or bad we are, so I was very interested to watch it for myself. We were so comfortable, and played in such a simple way, you have to wonder why all football is not played like this, but let them carry on in the style of Allardyce/Pulis/Mourinho, and leave this for us.

We'll eventually have a bad day at the office obviously, but I don't see us having many, and I do see us ripping someone to bits, I can't wait.

Various circumstances mean I'm missing much of this early part of the revolution, so I'm having to watch it a lot on catch up, and I'm gutted to be missing it to be honest.

If you think about the derby, there was only Stones and Bravo that were additions from last season, its amazing what Pep has done with the players he inherited. De Bruyne and Sergio chasing balls they had lost in a manner they wouldnt last season. The ball retention is incredible and making good sides look extremely ordinary at times.
and, it will only get better as they learn the Pep way even more and it becomes second nature

Biggest change for me is the mentality. I was watching City win the ball back in our half, within 3 seconds of losing it, and realised it was Aguero or De Bruyne who had chased it all the way back.

They've all bought into the team ethic, and it highlights just how much Pellegrini had let them get away with in terms of application on the pitch.

EDIT: Special mention for Sane as well. Came on in Derby and this game and looked calm and confident. The composure to sit the defender on the floor on the byline then cut in and feed Iheanacho shows a lot of talent for his age.

Last edited:
Am overwhelmed and impressed all over ,however the way our back line handle the ball when in possesion and how they move thinks forward is stunning.bloody pep
Yes as ppl said ,very concerened about injuries. Hopefully the medical approach this season will be able to keep our injury sheet as clean as possible

The only thing I worry for us this season is injuries and fatigue due to high intensity games every 3/4 days. League Cup has to be given up IMO.

I agree the mentality has changed. We are chasing balls much harder this season, pressing all the way from the front and trying to get it back right after we lose possession. People always concentrate on pep's tactical mind but he is a great motivator too. Players are responding to his demands.

259b37a86496517c155d93b52f0e15ad.jpg

That's an unusual location for a urinal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.