Post Match Thread - City vs Palace

Well obviously, I'm not a premiership manager. But I also don't have to simply agree with everything one does just because they are one. I think with recent additions to the squad we will see him used less and less.

oh dear, 5 wins out of 5 tells me your analysis is wrong. Can't you be just a little happy with how things are going ?

Didnt he tweet similar last year when he missed a month?

That injury at first glance looked like he was heading for surgery for an ACL tear and months of rehab. A month was a blessing. This doesn't look nearly the same.

I was so relieved when Nacho scored I nearly fuckin passed out!! Lol

I had a horrible feeling that Pellegrini would go 442 today after we scored after switching to it against Watford and unfortunately he proved me right. The team selection and formation were wrong from the start hebce why we looked so disjointed especially with Nasri wide left and Yaya yet again left exposed in a central midfield 2.

Palace sought to exploit this early on by knocking cross field balls to Bolassie thus putting Kolarov under constant pressure. I'm gutted that Aguero got injured and the only positive that came out of that was we had to revert to one striker which made us much more solid.

In the second half, the penny must have dropped with MP as he set the team up as it should have been in the first place with Nasri going central behind the main striker. Once we made this formational change we put Palace under constant pressure for the first time in the match and we looked much more of a threat.

KDB was a better fit than Nasri out wide and played some superb balls which created havoc for Palace. Bony looks out of sorts and I would have brought Nacho on around the 70 minute mark at the latest. This kid is just a natural goal scorer and I just knew when he finally came on that he'd be the most likely to score for us. The boy is gonna be massive for us and I couldn't have been happier for him.

The one gripe I have right now is my suspicion that Pellegrini and his 442 will never be too far away. I saw it during the post-season tour of the US and he made a chilling post-match comment about it after the Watford game. This is definitely his preferred formation and I hate to say it, but I think its just a matter of time before it starts to become an issue again.

I hope to fuck he proves me wrong! All said and done its 5 played, all won and no goals conceded so far but now the CL and CoC are upon us and injuries are starting to bite the real tests regarding tactics, formations and player positions will start.

Would he have made that selection of Stirling hadn't pulled up ?

Strange that Bony is getting a few knocks here. His hold up play was brilliant, he must have set up at least three chances on the edge of the box with his back to goal.

oh dear, 5 wins out of 5 tells me your analysis is wrong. Can't you be just a little happy with how things are going ?
I'm more than happy!! I have never stated any argument or discontent with the way things are going. My point was merely than Navas is most definitely our weak link offensively and I imagine will be phased out when we are at full strength.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.