Post Match Thread - City vs Palace

excellent game, well won against tough opposition. Thought they played well (but dirty b@stards)

Agree 100%. He's a master at hold up and creating and his input goes unnoticed by many, a bit like Navas, if they're not scoring they must be crap! I assume he gets so much shit on here because he's a striker and not scoring. IMO it still looks like he's in awe of Kun and some others in the team so prefers to provide. I really believe once he starts to net a few he'll go from strength to strength.

Hold up play... he was a single striker. I agree with what you're saying but it wasn't required. He's got a powerful shot on him. That is what that game required.

You just need to read this thread to see how hypercritical some are becoming, the arrogance is suggesting he's shit, as opposed to a member of the squad which won a difficult game away. There are better players but he does his job and never hides. I agree his final ball is poor but his play creates space, just as sterling does at the moment

I like Jesus, a player that leaves it all out there. Always tracks back and puts in a shift. But with KdB coming into team it's clear he will be the one dropped to bench. This is a win/win as our starting XI is stronger with KdB and our bench gets a pacy winger who coming on at minute 65 will stretch defenses with already tired legs.

KdB looked really good today and that's just with a handful of sessions with squad.

Can someone ask Allofs what he thought of performance?!??

Some people just don't understand a squad system (or any system for that matter). They seem to think it's possible to have 22 players the standard of Silva or Aguero. Ah well - just smile kindly, nod then move on
Again, phased out of a full strength first 11. Which up to now he has been a regular part of for the past 2 seasons.

It's amazing how much we miss Silva when he's out. Him and Sterling being out made us have to change our entire game plan. Aguero's injury is a blow, but I think ironically, it brought us back into the game. At 4-4-2, Palace were the better team, but with De Bruyne on, we controlled things more, especially in the second half. De Bruyne looks like the sort of player that will make the odd mistake, but will also provide the odd moment of brilliance. He's not the calm, assured presence that Silva is. Great win though against a really tough team, and well defended again. Otamendi won't get a game at this rate.

And the Chelsea defeat. Another great day in the Premier League.

The record for most league wins in a row is 14, jointly held by 4 teams. We're still on for it.

Last edited:
One thing that Navas doesn't get enough credit for is allowing us to keep our shape. De Bruyne, although a superior player, is not a like for like replacement and plugging him in for Navas will require us to change our tactics/formation a bit.

That being said, i'm not advocating Navas start over De Bruyne. I like Jesus, but he is dreadful in front of goal. I think he should start the odd game and be able to come on as an impact sub and stretch the defense in the 2nd half.

Good squad player, definitely warrants a spot on the team, but I agree he shouldn't be starting most games.

I'm more than happy!! I have never stated any argument or discontent with the way things are going. My point was merely than Navas is most definitely our weak link offensively and I imagine will be phased out when we are at full strength.

Fair play, sorry if sounding a little touchy there. Not totally in agreement with you about Navas being the weakest link. If he is its only slightly and he's still an excellent option when we need pace and someone thats going to absolutely bust a gut for the team. Point is I really rate Navas although I do agree his end product is lacking. De Bruyne looks like he might take his place when everyones fit.

I like Jesus, a player that leaves it all out there. Always tracks back and puts in a shift. But with KdB coming into team it's clear he will be the one dropped to bench. This is a win/win as our starting XI is stronger with KdB and our bench gets a pacy winger who coming on at minute 65 will stretch defenses with already tired legs.

KdB looked really good today and that's just with a handful of sessions with squad.

Can someone ask Allofs what he thought of performance?!??
I agree but my point is he's far from being as shit as everyone is saying. He may well be an impact player and he appears to be the kind of person who will do that and not complain.

Some people just don't understand a squad system (or any system for that matter). They seem to think it's possible to have 22 players the standard of Silva or Aguero. Ah well - just smile kindly, nod then move on

They also have no understanding of football at this level. Opposition are not allowed good players or allowed to create chances and if they do its a players or the managers fault at all times lol.

The pre match thread today when the team was announced and the match day thread speaks volumes for the amount of knowledge some have on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.