Post Match Thread - City vs Palace

Not even close. Mangala's was a trip, not a knee high kick and it was nowhere near as forceful. Mangala was trying to stop the attack, Dann was trying to injure Aguero
To be honest you clearly have never played football or you would know the difference. One was a trip to stop a break. A trip on the ankle. The other was a knee high disgrace of a tackle. Make no bones about it he 'did him'. Totally intentional.

Thought the ref had a good game and got the big decisions right.
Pleased for kelechi - don't think bony or augero would have scored it. Wouldn't have missed but don't think they would have been there or reacted as quickly.
Another clean sheet. Joe Hart looks like he will be winning golden gloves again.
How he hell did navas miss?
5 down, 33 to go
Can I have a bottle of what you are drinking? A good game? Jesus wept!

We managed to grind it out in the end, and that's all that matters. I'm not sure where I stand with Navas, I love his work rate and commitment to the team however going forward he can be so annoying. He has unbelievable pace to get himself into situations which other players can't, however once he's in those situations he often fluffs his lines. I really did think he was going to make us pay today with that miss. A nice utility to have in and around the squad, by no means a player to start when we have others available.

KDB looks like he's going to be fantastic, I can't wait to watch him link up with Silva. Remember those football comic strips where they'd have a goal scored by two players playing one-twos around the opposition? That's going to be KDB and Silva.

Iheanacho, the more we see of him the better. For all his fantastic hold up play, sometimes you need a bit of movement to open up the space and react quicker to balls in the box, I'd back Iheanacho to do that all day long over Bony.

Palace are going to do well this season.

Difficult match and great result.

I hope Kun is okay and back soon. Pleased for Kelechi's goal; special mention to Nasri for making the shot that led to the goal.

As many before me mentioned, the team was better once Nasri went to the middle and KDB at left side. Nasri should be played in the middle, when Silva is out/rested.

CL match coming at last; Juventus are not the same as last year, we should be able to get a good result.

Thought the ref had a good game and got the big decisions right.
Pleased for kelechi - don't think bony or augero would have scored it. Wouldn't have missed but don't think they would have been there or reacted as quickly.
Another clean sheet. Joe Hart looks like he will be winning golden gloves again.
How he hell did navas miss?
5 down, 33 to go

I thought he was fucking terrible, as he always is, worst ref in the league by an absolute country mile.

We, on the other hand, displayed true champion qualities grinding a result out at an extremely difficult place to go to whilst missing 3 of our most influential players for 70+ minutes!!

You're talking through your arse if you thought we deserved a clear win.

They should have been down to 10 men, we were denied a clear cut penalty. They were allowed to kick fuck out of us.

I agree with the other poster, you're spouting shit through your muck button.

Spot on. They deserved fuck all apart from a red card and a dry bumming. How the fuck anyone could watch that game and think Palace deserve a point is beyond me.

I think it would take a brave ref to give the red, we didn't have one today and I just hope Sergio will be back soon.
Loved the moment Pellegrini told Pardew to fuck off back to his box. Maybe we are seeing a bit more from him in his last year.
De Bruyne had a fantastic first game in difficult circumstances, the pass to Navas was exquisite. Jesús' miss was indefensible but I still value his speed and work rate. Hart was very good when called upon. Brilliant new club record and Kelechi Iheanacho saved the day. We're Man City, we'll fight 'til the end.

I think it would take a brave ref to give the red, we didn't have one today and I just hope Sergio will be back soon.
Loved the moment Pellegrini told Pardew to fuck off back to his box. Maybe we are seeing a bit more from him in his last year.
De Bruyne had a fantastic first game in difficult circumstances, the pass to Navas was exquisite. Jesús' miss was indefensible but I still value his speed and work rate. Hart was very good when called upon. Brilliant new club record and Kelechi Iheanacho saved the day. We're Man City, we'll fight 'til the end.

A correct but brave shout. Not all folk can appreciate this. He will be an important member of our squad. ALL our players should have our support and, honestly, what have we got to moan about

Strange that Bony is getting a few knocks here. His hold up play was brilliant, he must have set up at least three chances on the edge of the box with his back to goal.
Totally agree, with the players we have up front, he might not score many, but he'll create many many chances. I though he had a good game.

I started off this afternoon following the match thread, but it was so annoying, with the "he's shit", and "he's shit", and "he's shit", I gave up before half time. I fully expected us to look like we did for much of last season, but was pleasantly surprised with how we were first half, and delighted with our second half performance, especially with who we were missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.