Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

Poor going forward first half and although we were robbed by a poor decision, we didn't deserve to win. A draw would have been fair.

Their second goal was way too easy. 20 yard run unchallenged and That useless twat Kolorov can't stay with the only man who he could pass to.

Positives- we looked more solid, Kompany finished the game and great goal from Kelechi.

Negatives - Sterling not looking like the player I thought he would be, Sluggish compared with Spurs work ethic and heads dropping again.

I wasn't impressed with Spurs. Thought they were average. Arsenal will win the league for me.

aguero was weirdly poor, especially his passing

frustrating day, no doubt, but it seems like a different defeat to the Leicester one
He was isolated. We were much better today but still way short of where we need to be.

We wont do anything until Toure is dropped, and if he managed to play the entire game when he was kanckered after 30 minute then Pellegrini is never going to drop him

No chance of that I'm afraid. There's not one aspect of his game let alone his demeanour that suggests to me he's got the stones for the very top level.

What is wrong with his demeanour. Works his socks off, gets kicked to fuck with little to no protection and gets up and gets on with it. Argue about his game if you like but the rest is not true imo.

Poor going forward first half and although we were robbed by a poor decision, we didn't deserve to win. A draw would have been fair.

Their second goal was way too easy. 20 yard run unchallenged and That useless twat Kolorov can't stay with the only man who he could pass to.

Positives- we looked more solid, Kompany finished the game and great goal from Kelechi.

Negatives - Sterling not looking like the player I thought he would be, Sluggish compared with Spurs work ethic and heads dropping again.

I wasn't impressed with Spurs. Thought they were average. Arsenal will win the league for me.
I wasn't either. Kompany was a big positive and Kelechi but you don't celebrate equalisers you get the ball and go back to the centre-circle to get the winner

In the interests of bringing some perspective to bear, you are only 6 points off the top with 12 to play.
All top 4 teams will drop points between now and the end of the season.
You were unfortunate today deserving at least a point and going down to a goal that should not have been, ie the shocking decision to award Spurs a penalty.
It could be worse, imagine being Man Yoo for example, they really do look woeful and I cannot see them bridging the 6 point gap to 4th place.

Glass half full for me. I thought we played well second half and we were cheated out of a point at least. That non-penalty changed the whole game. I thought Silva found some form back and Sterling was sharp and incisive and it was very good to have Kompany back. He made a big difference. Yaya looked better much further forward and when Fernando went off it back to the same ineffective Yaya as earlier in the season. Strangely Aguero wasn't on it today. More fight and energy today than for a long time. Unlucky City but we move on.
Toure was awful even though he did try and make an effort. Unbelievable he stayed on for the full game. That's what worries me the most. We have a Cup Final and some big games ahead. We'll lose the lot if he plays. He is that bad

I'm really fuming tonight because two things lost us the game. 1. A terrible referee and 2. A manager who makes an absolutely unbelievable substitution 5 seconds after we scored. The defence was playing well for the first time in ages and then watching Kolarov jog alongside Eriksen just about summed up this season. Finish 3rd and although I hate to wish time away please let the next three months fly by. Manuel should be put out of his misery now, I like him as a man but really he is taking the club backwards rather rapidly.

Frustrating game don't think we deserved to lose.
We were still a bit slow at times but after their disgusting penalty we really went for it.
That back four is my personal favourite, looked very good, great to have Kompany back.
Classic City goal Silva - who seemed better to me - out to the wing, Clichy slides it in and Iheanacho buries it.
Unlucky today, gap to 1st remains the same still think there's hope for us.

What was that wooden chilean doing with his subs fernando off who was doing a great job shielding should have been yaya and taking our best player on the park off aftermhe had just made the equaliser is just comical.

I saw kolarov ready to come on just before we scored, thought he was going to take Dave off as he'd had 3 men marking him all game and put kolarov in front of clichy to stretch Spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.