Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

The decision was shit, but i await the backlash when i say we got a massive run if the green to put us in a cup final, sterling over ran the ball by at least a yard, they say these things even themselves out, today he got given a penalty against him for a hand ball that wasn't, i didn't hear to many of us saying how corrupt football was that night, we were very unlucky to loose today, but top and bottom of it is we are not good enough this season, the players dont want it, rolled over by leicester last week, spuds 6 points off us, the players clearly dont want it enough
You're as blind as fucking Clattenburg if you think Sterling over ran the ball by at least a yard. Can't argue with your comments about players not wanting it enough.

I think that Pellegrini got it half right in his tactics today.

There are certain teams in this league who's style doesn't suit our natural game. The fast paced hustle and bustle of Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal means that they are teams who will all enjoy good spells of possession in a match. Rather than go into the match blind folded I actually thought that Pellegrini took a more tactical approach.

We seemed to be happy to let Spurs dictate possession and tried to hit them on the break today. Despite Spurs seeing a lot more of the ball than us, we seemed to restrict them to very little clear cut chances. I'd even go as far as saying that we created the better chances in the 1st half despite them being the better side.

What did let us down was the inability of some players to adapt to an almost counter attacking style. Silva and Yaya slowed everything right down and when you are playing a side with the work rate of Spurs, you need to hit them with direct, fast and incisive passing. Just look what that approach has done for Leicester this season.

It was telling that up until their 1st goal, Sterling barely attempted to dribble with the ball. However, there was much more urgency from the side afterwards. Sterling tried to beat his man, Silva played the ball faster, and Clichy was bombing up and down the wing.

I think that we went to White Hart Lane and the Emirates and tried to impose ourselves to much. We attempted to play like the home side and got exposed. However, the roles were almost reversed tonight and if we would have been a bit more decisive, maybe had KDB (if he was fit) playing in Yaya's position, we would have won this game.

Decent performance

Shocking decision

Didn't deserve to lose

Not going to call out Pelligrini today, not his fault.

However the stats are now pretty stinking and when you look at the bigger picture we are a shadow of the team we were

Its a case now of suck it and see in terms of the season, I'd gladly take a CL spot now.

In respect of numbers nothing has changed aside from having a game less, but we ain't winning no league I think we all know that. Not good enough, we have lost our backbone and look so tepid and timid compared to a couple of years ago

We can bang on about Clattenburg all we want (even though it was a disgusting decision)

No wins against the top 6 is simply unacceptable for the team we have. The manager and players should be ashamed of that.

Also his substitutions just beggar belief. I mean why take clichy off then? He'd just set a goal up and was no where near our worst player. Fucking infuriating

Decent performance

Shocking decision

Didn't deserve to lose

Not going to call out Pelligrini today, not his fault.

However the stats are now pretty stinking and when you look at the bigger picture we are a shadow of the team we were

Its a case now of suck it and see in terms of the season, I'd gladly take a CL spot now.

In respect of numbers nothing has changed aside from having a game less, but we ain't winning no league I think we all know that. Not good enough, we have lost our backbone and look so tepid and timid compared to a couple of years ago
Still 6pts in front of the rags who've spent nearly 500m to sit behind us.

This Spurs team is certainly not the team of pushovers we have had to contend with since 2910 -11. They have an excellent manager, are very well organised and have some talented players, but in the first half their aim appeared little more ambitious that to stay in position and not take any risks. They had a lot of the ball but didn't do much with it and posed no real threat. We were actually rather lacking in ambition but did pose what threat there was. Then one outrageous decision turned the match. At WHL it could be said that the linesman was responsible for allowing two goals which were clearly offside, but this was pure Clettenberg. I've looked at the slo-mos and still can't understand how on earth a penalty could have been awarded. At long last City rediscovered their fight - David was still well below and Sergio was lamentably out of touch - but the tempo of our play was much higher than for ages and we looked much better for it. Spurs were driven back and the equaliser was fully deserved. At this point we were looking good for a winner and I'm afraid it was a mistake by Ya Ya, who ran into a cul de sac and lost the ball quite high in midfield, allowing Spurs to run at a hole in oue formation. So much good work come to nothing through an incomprehensible refereeing blunder and a silly mistake.

We're not 8 points behind with five to play so I'm not conceding. The good points were that Vinnie played 90 minutes and will hopefully have no harmful effects, and we looked much the better for it. I think our full backs got forward more today without leaving our CBs exposed to rapid counters - because Raheem, in particular, was covering well. But I'm still gutted.

Frustrating game don't think we deserved to lose.
We were still a bit slow at times but after their disgusting penalty we really went for it.
That back four is my personal favourite, looked very good, great to have Kompany back.
Classic City goal Silva - who seemed better to me - out to the wing, Clichy slides it in and Iheanacho buries it.
Unlucky today, gap to 1st remains the same still think there's hope for us.
We were much better, but for me the most frustrating thing is Toure. He really is so poor. He costs us every game he plays and the manager still plays him. It was him who should have come off for Kelechi instead of Fernando. That cost us the goal. Toure lost it, and they had a clear run at our defence as there was no protection

Title has gone but unlike most i have been xonvinced for some time we have been nowhere near the standard needed to see it throuh so not at all shocked.

Back to back home losse hurts though....at least there is a gap to 5th and those below us are even worse than we are sothink we will be ok for top 4 still.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.