Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Very unlucky today played really well for the vast majority of the game, credit to west ham for their performance, Sergio in form and we would have won easy enough

Bony sub was plain wrong and navas the usual scapegoat on here

Kdb and otemendi very good players

Pellegrini lost that game by leaving Navas on. He is an absolute liability in that kind of compact game because you need inch perfect balls in those situations and he just cannot offer them. There were at least 5-10 attacks that he absolutely killed with his inability. Should have given Roberts a chance or left Sterling on... something else was needed though. I like Pellegrini as a manager, but he can be very, very naive at times.

[QUOGeorge Hannah, post: 8884426, member: 15946"]Pre Match Tension transformed into Post Match Trauma twice in five days - too much for me. And Manuel I suspect.

Yes but the failings of last season seem to be resurfacing[/QUOTE]

This is the worry for me, too.

Kevin Debruyen was class today .
West Ham Goalie played well today Adrian .
A part from that a very disappointing defeat at the Etihad .
I hope i never see that shit undefeated thread again .
Talk about being cocky !!!

Pellegrini lost that game by leaving Navas on. He is an absolute liability in that kind of compact game because you need inch perfect balls in those situations and he just cannot offer them. There were at least 5-10 attacks that he absolutely killed with his inability. Should have given Roberts a chance or left Sterling on... something else was needed though. I like Pellegrini as a manager, but he can be very, very naive at times.
and he panics everytime we go behind, i mean Sterling was bad today but sub him for Bony? Disgraceful, lost momentum after that. Not the first time either strange sub.

Very bad day at the office for us. The first goal was Mangala not closing down and for me a so called world class keeper should'nt be getting beaten from that distance.

2nd was a joke. Kolorov makes a mess of his clearance and gives a stupid corner and the defending from that was a mess.

Aguero awful, sterling awful, bony awful.

De bruyne great, Toure good in second half but should have scored, Navas worked hard but couldnt pass the fucking parcel.

The rest average to poor.

Hello i'm from Belgium and fan of KDB.
I watched the game. City was dominant. I actually like Navas kind of play. He is just not lucky in finishing his last pass.
KDB was ok. He can do better.
Every season you have 2 or 3 matches like this.

navas the usual scapegoat on here
Scapegoat implies a lack of causation. There is a reason he is being singled out as a weak link -- he is one. If it's not a wide open game, then he offers nothing of value. He's great to have when we need someone who can track back and provide defensive solidarity, but in a game like this with 11 men behind the ball, you need a player who can pick out a pass and not just hit and hope. He simply lacks the quality for that.

Big positives in De Bruyne and Otamendi.

Reality check that the 11 point lead is nothing and there are still signs of last season with some of the defending by Kolarov and the sub decisions with Pellers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.