Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

That's the best I've seen us play in ages. That new centre back is quality and KDB looked like he could win us the league on his own. Wait till Kun gets his shooting boots on and we'll beat everyone
That's the worst I have seen us play in ages. I don't count possession outside the penalty area as that meaningful. It's all bout defending well, and when you have the ball, creating and taking chances. We passed the ball well in midfield, but when we got to the penalty box we struggled

The main reason we lost is because most of our attacking play came down the right and on the right we have a player who could not cross the road. Moan at Kun and Bony all day but if you are in the box and the ball never gets delivered how do you score? Neither were good but our final ball is abysmal far too often.

That's the worst I have seen us play in ages. I don't count possession outside the penalty area as that meaningful. It's all bout defending well, and when you have the ball, creating and taking chances. We passed the ball well in midfield, but when we got to the penalty box we struggled

Finishing and Navas end product aside, second half was brilliant, I thought. Really just unlucky and Pelle's Subs.

First off, well done to West Ham, came to give us a game and carried out their game plan to perfection, the time wasting was small time though and for me detracts from their achievement....I remembered what it felt like when we pulled off the occasional giant killing and watching the euphoric scenes on the way from the ground tonight brought back some of those moments for me as a city fan

Now to business. I thought Sterling was playing quite well, particularly late on in the first half when KDB's movement and link up play started to pay dividends and we managed to inject some pace. I thought he was a bit light weight though and was getting fairly easily bullied off the ball most of the first half and for the part he played in the second half....dilemma though, what do you do as MP? So he hooks the lad and puts Bony on; I thought not unreasonable, although couldn't understand why Navas wasn't the first change, but from then on KdB was more isolated playing on the left and was also occupying the same space as Kolorov on some occasions, plus we lost a creative outlet and about a yard of pace from our attack...hmmm, what to do? So we wait until the last 8 minutes or so and hook Kolorov and put on another striker....which really didnt address the pace or penetration issue adequately....and we continue to play a lot of the ball through them in the hope something would break or that Yaya would lose his shit and go on a rampage (he nearly did)

From what I've seen so far this season I've reach a couple of conclusions....I think whenever we have subbed Sterling we have lost pace and creativity and also that little bit of je ne sais quois that the triumvirate of silva, Sterling and Kolorov have going. More worrying is that each successive sub today made us a little bit worse.. Which rather worryingly suggests to me MP doesn't really know individual player strengths yet and was merely trying to make changes in the hope something would work...gulp

Before I get some foaming fannies feeling the need to defend MP, I'm not suggesting we get rid of him, just concerned given the changes made today and outcome of that...on the positive side, KDB played well but on the negative side he clearly felt he made a tactical mistake partnering Otamendi and Mangala....very costly that, acceptable at this level...not sure

Finishing and Navas end product aside, second half was brilliant, I thought. Really just unlucky and Pelle's Subs.

Really? Worse than we played 4 days ago? We should have won by a margin. They scored two lucky goals. I'm usually devastated when we lose, but the performance has subsided my pain.

The ref kept telling the players he was adding time on for their time wasting, but that's not in his gift.

Worse than we played 4 days ago (what a dick)

Just watched the game for a second time this morning to count up wasted time just by West Ham. I had it at just over 14 minutes for the whole game, and that is just one team. Absolute criminal that they were allowed to get away with that. The corner that resulted in the goal wasn't a corner either, but we only have ourselves to blame as we created enough opportunities.

Well done WH. You played the game, and the officials did fuck all about it

My thoughts on today's game. How the fuck they scored 2 goals. Hart, what the fuck was he doing for the first goal.
Sterling was shite and Aguero was a shadow of the player we all know. The only 2 players who i thought who tried to do anything positive was Yaya and De Bruyne.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.